Registered Vascular Technologist - Vascular Laboratory, Part-Time, Days
- 251 E. Huron, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Registered Vascular Technologist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs all commonly applied vascular/neurovascular procedures as listed: duplex venous ultrasound examinations to determine the venous anatomy and to determine the presence of thrombus within the vein.
- Anatomical variants are noted.
- Commonly, the common femoral to popliteal veins are examined, but the vena cava, iliac veins and calf veins may be examined.
- Evaluates for the presence of valvular incompetence in all segments of the venous system.
- Performs color duplex examination of the upper extremity veins, including the subclavian, jugular, axillary, brachial and radial veins.
- Performs Doppler ultrasound examinations of the upper and lower extremity arteries. This includes analog waveforms and segmental pressures.
- Performs color duplex examinations of the extracranial carotid and vertebral arteries to assess for plaque formation and degree of stenosis.
- Performs color duplex examination of the abdominal aorta and the branches of the aorta, including the mesenteric and renal arteries.
- Performs Transcranial Doppler exams to determine the presence of occlusive disease, collateral pathways or vasospasm.
- Performs most of the lesser performed studies including vein mapping perforator imaging, renal allograft examination, cavernosal color duplex studies, dialysis access graft evaluation, exercise testing.
- Obtains pertinent medical history on all patients.
- Records all patient information required for charting, charge entry and departmental record keeping in a timely manner.
- Establishes a preliminary report on all patients and writes this result in the inpatient chart and on the history form.
- Contacts the attending physician on all significantly abnormal studies as determined by departmental policy and procedure.
- Responsible for cleanliness of exam rooms and equipment.
- Cleans and stocks rooms on daily basis.
- Coordinates communication between referring physician, department physicians, nursing units and hospital staff to facilitate smooth patient flow, inpatient transportation, scheduling, supply replenishment, equipment repair and problem solving.
- Demonstrates ongoing commitment to learning new procedures and masters these procedures within acceptable timeframes.
- Assists senior staff when requested.
- Participates in quality assurance program.
- Evaluates data and provides reports to the Resource Coordinator while making recommendations for modification of procedures and/or action plans.
- Enters information into data check system, in order to benchmark data with other institutions.
- Provide imaging services of optimum quality with optimum productivity and customer service.
- Identifies areas for potential improvement and recommends corrective actions.
- RVT License.
- CPR BLS through American Heart Association (AHA).
- In lieu of a Bachelors Degree, an Associates Degree and at least 3 years of experience as a Vascular Technologist.
- 5 or more years of experiences as a Vascular Technologist.
- Bachelors degree in Vascular Technology or Health Science Field.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.