Education Coordinator - Psychiatric Department, Full-time, Days
- 251 E. Huron, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Education Coordinator is a registered professional nurse demonstrates exemplary direct patient care and is accountable for formal and informal staff education and orientation. The Education Coordinator works collaboratively with the Interprofessional team, NMAcademy, peers, and the Shared Leadership Committee to identify learning needs, develop and implement educational strategies and participate in learning effectiveness evaluation. The Education Coordinator adheres to the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice of Professional Nursing and the Code of Ethics. The Education Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Education Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence based practice principles, and clinical expertise in nursing practice into educational experiences.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates formal and informal education of the staff, including nurses, assistive personnel and student nurses including off shifts and weekends.
- Coordinates and participates in unit specific orientation process in collaboration with the NM Academy, peers, managers, and the Department of Professional Practice and Development.
- Develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates annual unit-specific clinical skills validation and competency evaluation.
- Coordinates mandatory education activities including off shifts and weekends.
- Partners with unit leadership to develop educational learning plans for individual staff.
- Maintains standards of practice relevant to specific clinical settings.
- Collaborates with the NM Academy to identify educational needs and to develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet those needs.
- Supports ongoing development of critical thinking skills of clinical nurses.
- Provides direct patient care as needed, and acts as a clinical instructor during orientation and transition into practice of new hires.
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as assigned.
- Remains clinically proficient within area of expertise.
- BSN with a minimum of two years related clinical experience.
- Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification in clinical areas where required.
- Proficiency in data presentation tools such as Excel, Power Point and virtual presentation platforms
- Psychiatry clinical specialty experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.