Cardiac Sonographer - Delnor Non-Invasive Cardiology, Full-time, Days - Call is Required, $3,000 Sign on Bonus!
- 300 Randall Rd, Geneva, IL 60134, USA
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The experienced Cardiac Sonographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of the Medical Director and Team Leader of Cardiac Testing and in accordance with the doctors written order, the Senior Echocardiographer provides all echocardiography procedures.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Delnor Hospital.
- Is held accountable for performing patient care services specific to the echocardiographer role.
- Performs clerical duties specific to ICAEL quality assurance and departmental maintenance duties.
- Thorough knowledge of cardiac anatomy
- The ability to push, roll, move patients, the ultrasound machine, and furniture in order to perform exams
- The ability to function independently requiring great individual judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical Training in Cardiac Echo technology or Ultrasonography program
- Professional certification in echocardiography (RDCS)
- CPR certification (American Heart Association)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.