Medical Transcriptionist - Pathology, Full-time, Days
- 251 E. Huron, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Medical Transcriptionist reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Transcriptionist transcribes dictation by physicians regarding patient assessment, work-up, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc. in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare.
- Applies knowledge of Medical Terminology, anatomy & physiology, and English language rules to transcription and proofreading of medical dictation from originators with a various accents, dialects and dictation styles.
- Recognizes inconsistencies, discrepancies and inaccuracies in medical dictation and flags such reports for supervisor and/or physician review.
- Clarifies dictation which is unclear or incomplete, seeking assistance as necessary.
- Uses reference materials appropriately and efficiently to facilitate the accuracy, clarity and completion of reports.
- Meets quality and productivity standards and deadlines established.
- Verifies patient information for accuracy and completeness.
- Formats reports according to established guidelines.
- Operates designated word processing, dictation and transcribing equipment in order to complete assignments.
- CMT (Certified Medical Transcriptionist) or equivalent work experience
- Three years of experience in medical transcription demonstrating a knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology and various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated excellent proficiency in transcription skills.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.