Respiratory Therapist CRT - Respiratory Therapy, Full Time, Nights
- 1000 N Westmoreland Rd, Lake Forest, IL 60045, USA
- Job Shift: Night Job (3rd)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
**This is a Full Time position at 36hrs per week located at Lake Forest Hospital. This will be 3, 12hr shifts from 6:30p-7:00a.**
The Respiratory Therapist CRT reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs all respiratory care procedures including patient assessments and implements treatment and therapies in accordance with department and hospital protocols and with-in physician order.
- Implements and evaluates the plan of care related to respiratory procedures including but not limited to aerosol, secretion mobilization, and hyperinflation therapies.
- Provides care for patient requiring ventilator assistance, complex respiratory devices and procedures and interprets clinical data necessary for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Performs comprehensive ventilator management and monitors the cardiopulmonary status of patients receiving intensive respiratory care.
- Demonstrates competency and can perform without supervision all procedures required in adult ICU, Peds, Emergency Room, and Special Care Nursery/NICU.
- Performs diagnostic studies on patients as designated by department policy and/or by physician order.
- Initiates and monitors, invasive and all non-invasive arterial blood gas measurement monitors.
- Consults with Physicians, RNs, other Health care professionals and participates in daily patient rounds for assigned area to promote consistent quality and delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates clinical competence and Implements appropriate actions to respond to needs of patients and family members.
- Monitors and documents the patient response to therapeutic interventions and progress toward outcomes. Completes all documentation for patient charting in compliance with standards for accuracy and content as established by the department and NM.
- Services as a resource and role model for new staff, students and other NM personnel and assists with precepting and orienting.
- Demonstrates teamwork by helping co-workers and across departments. Communicates effectively with others and works collaboratively with all hospital services to responsibly accomplish daily work and maintain an environment of excellence.
- Responsible for meeting all the departments expectations for all age group and participate in huddles, and is aware of information shared in e-mails and other form of communications.
- Manages work schedule efficiently by completing timely documentation, cleans and sets up equipment and enters accurate billing and charges for provided services.
- Functions effectively as relief charge RCP when assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) American Academy of Pediatrics (within 60 days of hire)
- Associate's Degree in Applied Science (AAS) - Respiratory Therapy or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association (by region)
- Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Registered Pulmonary Function Technologist (RPFT) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Neonatal/ Pediatric Specialist (NPS) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Adult Critical Care Specialty (ACCS) - National Board of Respiratory Care
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS)
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.