Lab Technician - Central Specimen Receiving, Full-time, Days
- 251 E. Huron, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
Provides service to all clients (nursing, physician and doctor office staff) through computer registration, computer test order entry, specimen processing, referral and delivery of samples and supply orders. Also, responsible for providing courier service for specimens, reports, and supplies. In conjunction with these functions, the Laboratory Technician provides customer service (laboratory test result information, specimen collection information) via phone and direct communication, distributes reports to physicians via mail and fax (as necessary). This position is also responsible for communication with clients regarding specimen problems, report problems, and computer problems that may affect their operation. The position is also required to participate in the laboratory occurrence management program. Accurate and efficient registration of patient demographics into the Hospital Information System.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Computer experience-keyboard proficiency.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- 1 - 2 years college course work.
- Prior work experience in laboratory support or health related experience.