Social Worker - Care Coordination, In House Registry, Nights
- 300 Randall Rd, Geneva, IL 60134, USA
- Job Shift: Night Job (3rd)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Social Worker role reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics, Corporate Compliance Program and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Social Worker assumes responsibility for providing medical social work services to patients, families, and staff. In collaboration with the Case Manager, this position assists patients and families in adjusting to episodes of acute and chronic illness, in coping with lifestyle changes precipitated by illness or disability, in participating in restorative health programs, in assisting with discharge recommendations, and in addressing issues of terminality.
- Basic PC knowledge - Microsoft Word, Windows, E-Mail
- Demonstrates an awareness of ethical practices and adheres to a professional code of conduct
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must exhibit competence in communication skills, psychosocial assessment, knowledge of community resources, and laws/regulations which impact health care services
- Must be self-motivated, able to work well with minimal supervision, and be able to multitask
- Must possess good listening skills, be customer service and satisfaction driven, and have strong teamwork skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Walking 50 75% of the time
- Must be willing to respond to on-call pages within 45 minutes of call
- Must have a Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
- Must be an LSW/LCSW or MSW/CSW
- CPR certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.