Registered Nurse - Float - Critical Care, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
- 1 Kish Hospital Drive, DeKalb, ILLINOIS
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The RN Float - Critical Care reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This position is a clinically competent, registered, professional nurse who prescribes, delegates and coordinates nursing care to the acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
- Effectively interacts with patient, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Ability to float to multiple assigned areas including critical care and step-down units.
- Shift: 7:00PM - 7:00AM
* This position receives a $5.00/hr differential (in addition to Evening, Night, and Weekend differentials).
* Sign-on bonus offered for $2,000 paid out in 3 installments for full-time new hires. *
- The float Registered Nurse must possess three or more years of current acute critical care experience within the past 5 years.
- Associate Degree Registered Nurses must enroll in an accredited Bachelors of Science (BSN) completion program within 90 days of your employment start date.
- You will have three years from your employment start date to complete your degree.
- Obtain LIC RN, CERT BLS, ACLS within 90 days of hire.