Nurse Clinician - NM Developmental Therapeutics, Full-time, Days
- 710 N. Fairbanks, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Nurse Clinician reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Nurse Clinician is a skilled professional nurse with competence in a specialized area of nursing.
- Works cooperatively and communicates effectively within a multidisciplinary framework to actively promote holistic care for patients and families.
- Demonstrates self-direction and initiative in the role of nurse clinician, educator and consultant.
- Provides direct patient care and/or consultation using in-depth clinical knowledge and skills in area of expertise.
- Licensed as a professional nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support at the healthcare provider level.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Two years pf experience in specific clinical area.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skill is required in order to teach and lead.
- Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35 - 40 lbs, and lifting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
- Interact effectively and collaborate with others in difficult situations.
- The ability to visually check documents for errors, use a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials, radioactive elements and/or strong, hazardous chemical agents.
- Certification in area of specialty.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.