Social Worker Psychiatry LCSW - Psychiatric Social Service, Full-Time, Days
- 251 E. Huron, Chicago, IL
- Job Shift: Day Job (1st)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Social Worker Psychiatry reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides clinical social work services to patients of the programs of the Stone Institute of Psychiatry in accordance with department and NMH policies and procedures.
- Integrates the assessment and treatment of patients into the social environment of their family, significant others, and community to maximize the benefits of treatment.
- Completes biopsychosocial assessment as appropriate to setting in order to guide treatment planning.
- Conducts individual, group and family services specific to the program scope of care, and as indicated by the assessed needs of the patients.
- Participates with members of the treatment team, the NMH network of programs, and community systems to plan and implement treatment, including discharge or linkage.
- Participates in managing funding issues related to patient care.
- Provides education to patients and families and significant others about relevant aspects of mental illness and chemical dependency to support maximum utilization of treatment.
- Participates in projects beneficial to the provision of clinical services within SIP and NMH.
- Supervises graduate social work students.
- Documents timely, accurate and appropriate clinical information in patient's medical record per documentation standards.
- Collaborates with other department programs and external resources as needed.
Essential Functions: A licensed, master's prepared social worker who is responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive psychiatric social work services in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team.
- State of Illinois Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Masters Degree in Social Work from an accredited university graduate program.
- 1-3 years experience in mental health setting.
- Training in chemical dependence
- Knowledge of community resources and systems of care.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.