Patient Care Tech - Marianjoy, $1,000 Sign On, 3 West, 24 Hours/Week, 10:30P - 7:00A
- 26W171 Roosevelt Rd., Wheaton, IL
- Job Shift: Night Job (3rd)
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Three West, a sixteen-bed unit, is the location of our inpatient pediatric and musculoskeletal programs. Our rehabilitation team is comprised of physicians, therapists, nurses and nursing assistants working together as a team to provide exceptional care of our pediatric and adult patients. Within the constructs of the unit, our pediatric patients have a designated location where we can meet their age specific needs. It is in this environment that we care for children from infant to eighteen with varying diagnosis including orthopedic with multi-trauma, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury and oncology. The adult section of the unit is comprised of patients with orthopedic/musculoskeletal diagnosis e.g. hip fractures and revisions, amputees and non-traumatic spinal injuries. The diversity of the unit based on age and diagnosis provides an outstanding opportunity to enhance your clinical skills and develop professionally.
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-critically ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit. Reinforces teaching previously taught by RN.
- High school or equivalent (GED)
- Current Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) or current enrollment in an RN Nursing Program, with the successful completion of two clinical rotations
- Maintains current CPR certification
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and provide highest level of customer service
- Understanding and support of Northwestern Medicine’s Mission and Values
- Flexibility and ability to manage work in a changing environment
- 12 lead EKG competency completed within 6 months of employment
- 2-5 years of work experience is preferred in a rehabilitation hospital, acute care hospital or skilled nursing facility.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.