Lead Patient Service Rep, RMG OBGYN Geneva, Full-time, days
- Geneva Dr, Geneva, IL 60134, USA
- Job Shift: Not Applicable
The PSR Team Lead reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Personal Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Admin Team Lead provides support to clerical staff by facilitating efficient workflow, assisting with various clerical activities, and performing related administrative functions. This role leads the work of clerical staff, ensures efficient workflow, maintains neat, clean and safe workspace and patient waiting areas, promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner, and safeguarding patient confidentiality.
Under the direction of the Operations or Practice Administrator, this position regularly assigns, instructs and verifies the work of other clerical staff, provides training and orientation of new employees, and identifies and helps resolve staff and operational issues.
• Leads the work of clerical staff within the practice.
• Serves as a role model and resource to clerical staff.
• Creates and manages the staffing schedule.
• Monitors and evaluates policies and procedures to suggest operational changes.
• Participates in conferences and meetings, and represents the work unit on organizational initiatives
• Ensures efficient patient flow through the site.
• Responds to needs, expedites visits, maintains flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Provides high quality care:
• Participates in environmental safety rounds.
• Assists in ordering supplies and disposes expired items.
• Adheres to office opening and closing procedures.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Previous experience in a customer service position.
• 1 year experience with patient registration or similar role.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Please refer to NM Performance Standard Competencies.
• Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients and staff in a professional, cooperative, and friendly manner.
• Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner.
• Offers assistance to others.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings.
• Communicates appropriately and effectively in person and over the telephone with patients and the care team.
• Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills utilizing appropriate judgment, independent thinking, and creativity when resolving customer issues.
• Demonstrates competency in all essential functions as defined by the organization.
• Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
• Manages conflict and problem solves effectively.
• Able to recognize emergency situations and implement emergency procedures in accordance with clinic guidelines.
• Handles challenging situations effectively by locating and contacting other resources.
• Able to prioritize, multitask, and demonstrate flexibility while adapting to changes in work environment
• Able to receive constructive feedback.
• Exceptional attention to detail and work accuracy.
• Demonstrates an ongoing interest in quality and strives to reach highest standards.
• Reports all unexpected patient incidents to supervisor and assists in the completion of incidence reports as required.
• Maintains competency and skills and attends required training for all system applications.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Functions as patient advocate by actively engaging patient and sharing information with care provider.