Hope Academy Public School - Paraprofessional
The mission of Hope Academy of Northwest Arkansas is to provide students with a safe, positive trauma-informed academic environment that will nurture their love for learning and confidence in life.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Hope Academy is a unique elementary charter school that is centered around the academic, social, and behavioral needs of children who have had adverse childhood experiences. Our approach provides ample opportunities for children and families to heal while engaged in our research-driven academic process. At Hope Academy, we believe every child can thrive regardless of trauma-induced behaviors, social skill deficits, or academic struggles. Our model features rigorous grade-level academic content provided in small class sizes with very low student to teacher ratios, extensive behavioral and emotional supports, and a staff fully trained to meet the needs of students whose experiences may impact their ability to be successful in a traditional school setting.
- 18 years or older
- Experience working with children with behavior challenges preferred
- 2 years of college experience, an associates degree, or passing of the Parapro exam
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Technical skills preferred
- A strong ability to maintain classroom expectations and schedules
- An ability to collect behavior data as needed
- Excellent collaboration skills
- An interest in connecting with and assisting students who have experienced trauma
- A passion for helping struggling students excel academically and socially
- An ability to maintain calm during moments of high stress
- An ability to co-regulate upset students
- A willingness to collaborate with the various therapeutic, academic, and behavior specialists who assist individual students within your classroom
- A willingness to be trained and implement best trauma- responsive practices within your classroom
- Conscious Discipline training preferred
- High degree of flexibility and an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Supportive team member who collaborates will with others
- Willingness to help other team members as needed
- Seek out opportunities to grow professionally
- Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to professional meetings as required
- Moderate physical interaction with students
- This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Hope Academy reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
- Hope Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Hope Academy offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary based on experience. For consideration, qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and detailed resume.