Corporate Engagement & Events Manager
- 860 NW Vaughn Rd, Bentonville, AR 72713, USA
The mission of Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter is to provide a safe haven, high-quality care and hope for the future to children who have been abandoned, abused or neglected.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Since 1993, the Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter (NWACS) has cared for more than 10,000 children in crisis from throughout the state of Arkansas. As the largest emergency children’s shelter in the state, NWACS annually serves more than 500 children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. Our 32-bed, state-of-the-art complex offers an array of trauma-informed services including onsite counseling and therapy, medical services, and a school. The combination of these features create a stable, secure and loving environment where children who have experienced abuse, abandonment or neglect can begin to heal.
Compassion: Recognize and meet the needs of children with respect, sensitivity and unconditional love;
Excellence: Set the standard for high-quality service to children by performing above the expected;
Integrity: Strive with our words and actions to be worth of the trust placed in us.
- Responsible for the successful planning and execution of all NWACS fundraising events to achieve revenue targets.
- Establish and manage all event committees.
- Create and effectively manage event goals and budgets
- Lead solicitations of corporate event sponsorships.
- Responsible for all event logistics.
- Oversee a portfolio of existing corporate partners
- Serve as the primary relationship manager for this portfolio of prospects, developing and implementing a written donor strategy and relationship record.
- Communicate with portfolio through face to face cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings, and written strategies; ensure that each corporate donor and prospect has a clear strategy and timeline for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Proactively identify, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate partnerships
- Provide oversight, in partnership with the community engagement manager, to ensure high quality volunteer experiences for corporate partners
- Author reports for select partners in partnership with the community engagement team
- Ensure proper recognition in all publications and oversee accurate donor lists for those publications.
- Twenty-one years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CFRE (preferred)
- Five plus years of experience in corporate or major gift fundraising and events.
- Proven track record of cultivating, soliciting and closing corporate preferred, with a documented record of productivity.
- Flexible schedule to include some evening and weekend work.
- Must pass all criminal history and child maltreatment background checks.
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens when directed.
- Valid driver's license, proof of personal automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record required to drive shelter vehicle and/or for shelter business.
- Adheres to all shelter policies and procedures.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
- Basic proficiency in use of computers and software of basic office management or organization.
- Demonstrated sound judgement, integrity, and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relationship building skills.
- Strong work ethic, pays attention to detail, and has the ability to think strategically.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Tasks may involve walking, standing, climbing, bending, kneeling, crouching, and lifting for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. NWACS offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary based on experience. For consideration, qualified candidates may submit a detailed resume and cover letter.