Hope Academy - Bus Driver
- 860 NW Vaughn Rd, Bentonville, AR 72713, USA
The mission of Hope Academy of Northwest Arkansas is to provide students with a safe, positive trauma-informed academic environment that will nurture their love for learning and confidence in life.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
On October 10, 2019, the Arkansas Department of Education Board of Directors unanimously ratified the Arkansas Charter Authorizing Panel approval of Hope Academy of Northwest Arkansas. Hope Academy, the first trauma-informed school in Arkansas, opened in August 2020. Hope Academy is an affiliate of the Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter, and was founded as a result of our desire to extend trauma related services to more children.
Reporting to the Director of Education Services, the Bus Driver is responsible for safe transportation of our students to and from school. Safety is of the upmost importance.
- Operate the bus in such a manner that proper care is given to the bus and passengers at all times.
- Start your route on time each morning so that you will operate the bus at a safe speed and arrive to school on time.
- Drivers are to perform a Pre-Trip Inspection and Student check before and after each route.
- Keep your bus clean and fueled.
- Remain on the bus while waiting on students. If you have to leave the bus for any reason be sure that the parking brake is on, the engine off, and key is in your pocket.
- Driver must wear seatbelt at all times.
- Do not allow students off the bus unless approved stop, or without a written note from the school office.
- Do not move the bus until all students are seated and facing forward.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
Applicants are to have a class B CDL, a school bus endorsement, air brake endorsement, passenger endorsement. Applicants must pass a DOT physical, pre-employment drug and background check before being eligible for employment.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. In case of an emergency the employee must be able to list up to 75 lbs. or pull up to 100 lbs.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter/Hope Academy reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs. Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter/Hope Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.