Facilities Maintenance Technician - Part Time
- 14100 Vaughn Rd, Bentonville, AR 72712, USA
Since 1993, the Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter (NWACS) has cared for more than 10,000 children in crisis from throughout the state of Arkansas. As the largest emergency children's shelter in the state, NWACS annually serves nearly 500 children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected. Our 48-bed, state-of-the-art complex offers an array of trauma-informed services including onsite counseling and therapy, medical services, and a school. The combinations of these features create a stable, secure and loving environment where children who have experienced abuse, abandonment or neglect can begin to heal.
- Respond promptly to safety concerns, while maintaining applicable safety standards.
- Regularly review and respond to both the preventative and unplanned maintenance needs of NWACS vehicles and other power equipment.
- Maintain a routine maintenance checklist and document completion of tasks.
- Assist in oversight of maintenance records on all shelter vehicles.
- As needed, lawn and landscaping tasks, inclement weather preparedness for sidewalks and parking areas.
- Assemble and/or repair such things as child riding toys, bikes, playing equipment, and other Shelter and resident property.
- Identify opportunities for volunteers and utilize their skills to help carry out the duties of the position, and conduct volunteer groups at times.
- Promptly take appropriate action in response to completed maintenance request forms.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy regarding all residents' information in accordance to the shelter policy and all applicable federal and state laws/regulations.
- Carries out work tasks in a way that conforms to and supports the mission, vision, and values of the shelter as well as professional and ethical standards.
- Establish effective professional relationships with peers, support staff, volunteers, supervisors, and other professionals.
- Attends and participates in mandatory training, staff meetings, and all other events, as required.
- Sets, maintains, and communicates appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
- Answer doors and incoming telephone calls in a professional manner that protects the confidentiality and privacy of residents and staff, per shelter protoco.
- Completes all required documentation in a timely manner per agency procedures.
- Recognizes own strengths/limitations and seeks assistance from supervisors and case managers when needed.
- Twenty-one years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience or technical training in maintenance operations preferred.
- Must be able to climb, operate power equipment, stoop, bend, work in cramped spaces.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must pass all criminal history and child maltreatment background checks.
- Must submit to pre-employment drug screen as well as random drug screens when directed.
- Valid driver's license, proof of personal automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record required to drive shelter vehicle and/or for shelter business.
- Basic proficiency in use of computers and software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility, reliability, and self-motivation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors, and in inclement and seasonal weather.
- Tasks may involve walking, standing, climbing, bending, kneeling, crouching, and lifting for long periods of time.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.Northwest Arkansas Children's Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.