Director of Marketing
- 12230 Clarksville Pike, Clarksville, MD 21029, USA
Northrop Realty, A Long & Foster Company, has evolved from the No. 1 ranked real estate team in the Nation, , the Creig Northrop Team of Long & Foster Real Estate (by sales volume, according to The Wall Street Journal and REALTrends). We represent buyers and sellers of residential real estate in the Baltimore and Washington metropolitan regions with offices in Annapolis, Clarksville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Silver Spring, Sykesville and Timonium, Maryland. Northrop Realty is a full-service brokerage that is part of the Long & Foster Real Estate family of companies. Creig Northrop has more than 25 years of experience in real estate and leads more than 100 licensed real estate professionals.
Northrop Realty operates in partnership with Long & Foster Real Estate, the nation’s No. 1 independent real estate brand and the exclusive affiliate of Christie’s International Real Estate in the Mid-Atlantic. The Creig Northrop Team has been part of Long & Foster for many years and gives great credit to Long & Foster and the leadership team for contributing to the success the company has already achieved.
The Director of Marketing manages the day-to-day operation of the marketing department and assigns and performs a variety of duties related to effectively marketing the company to our customers. The best candidate will be considered for the role based on their ability to run a team and be the innovation leader in the department!
The Director of Marketing creates, implements and oversees marketing initiatives that effectively portray and promote the organization and its products including management of the visual identity, brand messaging, collateral, and events. The ideal candidate will be accountable for working with our Director of Brand Communications to develop print and digital marketing plans that grow market share, sales volume, and customer loyalty. The Director of Marketing sure ensure collaboration with the entire department as needed to create content for use in multi-channel campaigns and promote lead generation. The candidate will have the ability to ebb and flow with the organization, regularly adjusting the overall or individual marketing plans to stay ahead of the industry curve while increasing ROI.
The ideal candidate should demonstrate an aptitude for creativity and innovation as well as have experience in using different tactics for business to consumer marketing campaigns, brand promotion and lead generation. The candidate should also be capable of acting as an individual contributor in addition to managing a team while being no stranger to giving and receiving constructive criticism.
Real Estate industry experience preferred with the ability to maintain expertise and thought leadership in the industry, staying abreast of issues, trends, competitor strategies, and execute best practice marketing plans.
- Feed off and in to a passionate creative team with a high energy level and an above and beyond mentality to get the job done;
- Consult with sales, marketing and executive leadership teams to develop fully integrated and strategic marketing communication plans for advertising, media relations, and creative services;
- Have high-level technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite as well as other web-based technologies to effectively market to consumers;
- Effectively maintain and manage traditional marketing campaigns while consistently recommending and executing new ground-breaking marketing opportunities & ideas;
- Spearhead the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans for the continued growth and enhancement of the organization;
- Manage the preparation of sales tools, lead generation campaigns, advertising programs and events, identifying the ideal mix of activities to achieve the desired goals;
- Be able to effectively manage resources such as projects, budgets and leadership expectations;
- Provide creative services and direction to develop compelling collateral, branding and campaign materials;
- Work proactively on problems of a diverse scope, finding imaginative and practical solutions;
- Have formidable vendor and agency management experience in all types of media including direct mail, newspaper, magazine, digital, social, television, and radio;
- Effectively supervise the marketing staff members (project/task delegation, work load management, efficiency, etc.) as well as provide/arrange for training of staff as needed;
- Be able to optimize resources including in-house and agency support;
- Enforce and regularly work to improve marketing department procedures and processes;
- Ensure accuracy, quality and consistency of all marketing;
- Read, edit and approve all marketing materials prior to distribution;
- Provide backup support if/when needed for marketing department activities.
Candidates should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar;
- 5-7 years of work experience in a service industry executing both print and digital marketing and branding experience;
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver);
- Proven success in developing and implementing effective strategic marketing plans in a complex organization;
- Marketing management, strategic planning, and critical thinking experience;
- Knowledge and strong skills in all areas of marketing including content creation/writing/editing skills, market research, inspired concepts/design, advertising, and oral communication;
- Strong professional presence and be a results-oriented self-starter with powerful leadership, management and consensus building skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships, support a cohesive team and create synergies to achieve results;
- Experience in social media, digital marketing, email campaigns, websites, television and print
- A strong aptitude for promotional campaigns, direct marketing and other tactics optimizing volume and market share;
- Must be driven and work well in an extremely fast-paced environment.
All applications need to include the following:
- Cover Letter detailing Start Date and Salary Requirements
- Portfolio Link
Applicants not submitting the above items will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.