- Hartlepool, UK
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
The Business Support will follow and adhere to the NPS Configuration Management Process.
The successful candidate will provide support to the Senior Client Service Manager and the Logistics team as a whole. The role includes managing and supporting NPS staff and customers through the configuration management lifecycle for Hartlepool Borough Council.
The Business Support is accountable for ensuring the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) is kept up-to-date and accurate, including performing auditing checks to identify any none compliance and understand if corrective activity is required to guarantee the integrity of the CMDB.
- The role will involve stock control and associated administration tasks.
- Ensure the Config Management process is adhered to
- Assess requests to ensure Configuration Item (CI) information provided is relevant and correct
- Update the CMDB using Update CMDB tasks within a 2 day OLA
- Liaise with customers and staff to request additional CI information where required to guarantee the accuracy of the CMDB escalating none conformance
- Ensure regular housekeeping of the CMDB is performed
- Perform audit and accuracy checks to ensure the CMDB is up-to-date
- Complete bulk upload activities
- Ensure Cis are linked and relationships within the CMDB are accurate
- Complete a review of requests to ensure all relevant activities have been completed and documentation/information has been provided
- Ensure tasks are completed within a timely manner by chasing and escalating as appropriate
- Analyse records and reports for trends or problems and look at improvements
- Provide training and advice where required
- Take delivery of and book goods inwards/outwards
- Assist with regular cycle counting of individual components
- Assist with finance and admin support within the Logistics team
- Experience of working within an ITIL role
- Familiarity of current technologies
- Good understanding of all Service Management processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including previous experience liaising with all levels of management
- Flexibility in approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer facing and influencing skills
- Ability to make decisions and take ownership
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- ITIL Foundation Accreditation
- ITIL processes particularly Change & Config Management
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.