Revenues and Benefits Assessors
- Hartlepool, UK
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Working within the busy area of the Revenues & Benefits department you will be involved in processing of all Housing / Council tax changes, RTI cases and new claims following the procedures given and working to KPI’s with excellent accuracy at all times.
• To deal directly with customers of the service via letter, email and telephone to ensure delivery against the service contractual requirements affording excellent customer service at all times.
• Meet the standards or deadlines required whilst performing all duties with Minimum support
• Complete high levels of workload consistently in line the Right Time Indicator, The Right Benefit Indicator and Subsidy regulations
• Coaching and mentoring junior staff/Colleagues
• Shares best practice with colleagues and lead update sessions to wider team
• Keeps own knowledge up to date through use of publications, briefing notes and bulletins as well as attend external training session to improve wider teams skills
• Maintain a constructive and positive attitude within the Business Centre taking on additional duties as and when required and contribute ideas to assist improvements
• Regularly exceeds minimum contractual standards for productivity/accuracy
● Experience of using Northgate / Academy / IBS (Civica) Systems
● Proven problem solving skills
● Good customer service and communication skills
● Working knowledge of Housing Benefits / Council Tax
● Delivers under pressure with a flexible approach to work
● IT competent
Skill development and progression –
NPS are committed to developing and expanding the skill and knowledge sets of all of our colleagues. We aim to cross skill in at least one additional service within our processing centre. For example as a Revenues and Benefits Assessor you may look to undertake additional training in one or more of our Central Government services, i.e. Blue Badge Improvement Service, Local Welfare Provision, Heavy Goods Vehicle Levy Scheme or London Councils Appeals Service.
NPS actively seeks to progress our colleagues internally. The vast majority of our current management team have progressed to their current roles, having come to NPS as Revenues and Benefits Officers.
Career progressions within our Revenue and benefits processing department:-
❏ Revenues and Benefits officer >
❏ Revenues and Benefits Senior >
❏ Revenues and Benefits Team Leader>
❏ Revenues and Benefits Service Manager>
❏ Senior Operational Management Roles>
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks to include a DBS check as standard.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.