Client Services Manager
- Hemel Hempstead, UK
Our philosophy is to understand our customers’ business first before we get to the technology.
This approach leads to clever software; streamlining old processes, saving money and delivering positive change.
Our technology has helped the NHS screen millions of babies for hearing loss, ensures hundreds of housing providers are managing their homes efficiently and helps officers in over a dozen different police forces to make better decisions at the frontline.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
The Client Services Manager has responsibility for Service setup and transition to Service operation, followed by the day-to-day management and delivery of contracted services to the client account. This involves working with internal and client stakeholders to ensure all services are set up and delivered to contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA’s in line with the customer requirements, and to act as the single point of contact for all service delivery escalations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- ITIL/SIAM Service set up and transition to service operation.
- Responsible for ensuring end to end services provided to our Customer are functioning and meet contracted service levels and quality standards
- Will manage and develop customer relationships at senior level to maximise customer satisfaction and ensure services are in line with the customer’s IT/IS business strategy
- Accountable for the production of a Service Performance Report and attendance at Customer Service Reviews
- Working across the organisation to document, monitor, measure and improve services delivered to Customers through the use of Service Improvement Plans
- Be an escalation point for Service teams and the Customer ensuring correct outcomes are achieved and in line with contracted services
- Responsible for providing excellent communication to your Customer and internal to Service teams
- Accountable for the acceptance of new or amended services into production and the ongoing management to contracted service levels
- Will understand business-critical processes and how these can be impacted by service failures, ensuring that this knowledge is cascaded through the Service teams
- Contribute to the development and ongoing management of the Customer Account Plan providing Service information and contract deliverables.
- Using strong Customer relationships, identify new revenue opportunities and ensure these are passed to the Sales Account Managers for processing
- Management of risk to a point of acceptance or mitigation
- They will understand and ensure adherence to corporate policy, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Minimise Service Credit liabilities through the use of Service Improvement or Risk Management
- Seek to convert clients to Reference Status (where appropriate)
Functional & Technical Skills
- Proven Client Services Management background
- Detailed understanding of ITIL above foundation level (v3 or later preferred)
- Understanding of SIAM
- Knowledge of the various technologies used to deliver services
- Excellent communication skills at Customer and Technical levels
- Experience in working for an outsourcing organisation
- Ability to listen, influence and make decision
- Develop and deliver Service Improvement Plans
- Public sector knowledge specifically around the UK Police Forces
- Need to be located for easy commute to both London and Nottingham
- Be prepared to travel inland and overseas as and where project needs demand
- Role is technically home based but expect most of time to spent in client offices or NPS offices
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.