Sales Account Manager
- Hemel Hempstead, UK
Our philosophy is to understand our customers’ business first before we get to the technology.
This approach leads to clever software; streamlining old processes, saving money and delivering positive change.
Our technology has helped the NHS screen millions of babies for hearing loss, ensures hundreds of housing providers are managing their homes efficiently and helps officers in over a dozen different police forces to make better decisions at the frontline.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
** This role is not being released to agencies, if you are an agency and have a query please contact Debby Shrine direct.**
The SAM will be responsible for managing and selling products and services to a nominated group of customers. This will
include developing strategic relationships as appropriate within the customer base. The SAM will ensure that all sales
processes are adhered to and will use CRM to manage opportunities and maintain the required level of pipeline. The
accurate forecasting and closing of business to forecast date is an extremely important aspect of the role. They will be
given a target which he/she will expect to achieve.
RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES:
• Develop effective relationships at all levels within the allocated customer base
• Identify and close opportunities for NPS software and services
• Ensure the annual target is hit
• Take responsibility, as appropriate, for formal bids into customers
• Use the TAS methodology for significant opportunities as agreed with sales manager
• Ensure that CRM is up to date and accurately reflects all opportunities
• Understand and adhere to all corporate policy, processes and procedures (such as WRB/BAF etc.)
• Attend and participate in both internal and external meetings as directed
• Ensure that at all times a satisfactory pipeline of future opportunity is maintained
• Seek to provide new ideas to enhance the effectiveness of sales performance in NPS, including any new product/service ideas
PERSONAL QUALITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proven IT sales skills
• Previous experience of selling into the Pubic Sector (ideally Local Government or Housing)
• Experience of dealing with senior officers in Public Sector orgainsations
• Good knowledge of Public Sector procurement and Government frameworks
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability to close business
• Demonstrate a range of influencing skills
• The ability to adhere to process and regularly hit tight timescales
• The ability to articulate what may be complex deals in a concise and clear fashion
• Understand and be able to articulate NPS product range
• Understand, as appropriate, the strengths and weaknesses of competitor offerings
• None mandated, as specific previous experience and personal qualities are of most relevance. However previous experience of effectively using a recognised CRM system and regonised Sales Management Sytem 9e.g. TAS, Miller Heiman would be beneficial. Skills in the use of excel and Powerpoint are also required.
• Commercial Awareness
• Numeracy skills
• Team work
• Attention to detail
• Customer skills
• Ability to build relationships
• Hit dead lines
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.