Support Engineer - VMware & AWS
- Bengaluru, India
Rave Technologies (www.rave-tech.com) is the subsidiary of Northgate Public Services, UK. Northgate's integrated software and outsourcing business helps organizations around the world deliver outstanding public services. Our work ensures that communities are kept safer; vulnerable people are protected from harm; patients stay healthy; families get better housing; transport runs smoothly; emergency services get to people faster; and those who need financial support get it quicker so they can get on with their lives. From central government departments to police forces and from local authorities to hospitals, we have an unparalleled understanding of the challenges public services face as well as the ever changing needs of the people who rely on them. We combine this expertise with innovative technologies and flexible service models to help organizations of all sizes achieve more and reduce their financial risk.
2+ years of experience in operating systems support and administration and strong communications skills.
- Responsible for the configuration, installation and support of systems running in VMWARE and AWS, as well as, for Linux and MS Windows Server management
- Document all work, including keeping up-to-date documentation of relevant systems, own SSL management and demonstrate knowledge of basic network principles
- Deploy and administer data backups, providing consistency and reporting of backup procedures, daily.
- Monitors systems (Nagios) and projects future requirements, reviews, evaluates and recommends hardware and software to meet specific needs while providing architectural and engineering analysis for relevant IT projects.
- Proactive monitoring of the ticketing queue, ensuring that requests are responded to and resolved or escalated as soon as possible.
- Acts as an escalation point for support issues that arise at the helpdesk.
B.Sc - IT/CS , B.E - CS/IT
- A junior level person who has experience in procurement/sourcing and has basic knowledge of IT products & services.
- Experience in the UK market is a plus but not compulsory.
- He/She will be working as procurement admin and will be 1st approver for purchase requisitions, create PRs and POs in SAP, raise orders on B2B portals, answer stakeholder queries, work on small value quote requests etc. Must be fluent in English- writing and oral skills.