Lead Yard Associate
- 1150 S Main St, Colville, WA 99114, USA
- Location: Colville
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it’s a lifestyle, it’s also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don’t – the North 40 Life is what you make it.
Are you a dedicated self-starter who can motivate people and loves a challenge? North 40 Outfitters in Colville, WA is looking for a Lead Yard Associate who has a real passion for providing exemplary customer service and can lead their team in providing the best solutions for our guest's needs. As our Lead Yard Associate, you will be responsible for leading, outstanding customer service, directing your team in generating sales, ensuring proper coverage and assisting with schedule creation, and fostering a fun and engaging work environment for your team. If you can handle working outside in all kinds of weather, and are a friendly, upbeat, hard-worker who will strive to do their best on every project, we want to talk to you! Knowledge of outdoor merchandise such as fencing, cattle handling, lawn care and landscaping, trailers and hitches, etc. is preferred. The ability to work with and lead others within an extremely fast paced environment is crucial.
We provide a fun and rewarding work environment, excellent benefits, and an outstanding employee discount, and competitive pay. Position is full time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Committed to providing world-class, "WOW" customer service to our North 40 guests
- Strong leadership skills; ability to connect with people, both customers and employees
- Knowledge of general farm store merchandise
- Ability to be forklift certified and drive truck with trailer
- Retail management or supervisory experience; should be comfortable coaching and mentoring team, and should be motivated by the team's success
- Outgoing and enthusiastic in all aspects of position; capable of anticipating, crafting and communicating merchandising plans. Deep understanding of general inventory processes
- Organized: Capable of keeping tasks, information, processes retain-able and retrievable for self and team.
- Time management skills: Capable of working/planning in the present, but maintaining a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly system as well
- Proven ability to change rapidly, multitask, and display flexibility while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and any business day (including some holidays) between the hours of 7am to 7pm Mon-Sat, and 9am-5pm Sundays
- Physical ability to lift 20-50 pounds on a repetitive basis, bend, stoop, squat and climb ladders regularly; Understanding of correct lifting and loading techniques
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.