Lead Sporting Goods Sales Associate
- 3180 US Hwy 2 W, Havre, MT, United States
- Location: Havre
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it’s a lifestyle, it’s also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don’t – the North 40 Life is what you make it.
Do you have a passion for the Outdoors? Do you enjoy working with others and have a commitment to excellence? North 40 Outfitters in Havre, MT is looking for friendly, disciplined, and enthusiastic people to Lead our Sporting Goods Department. Those who apply will need to have a passion and knowledge for one of the following departments: Sporting Goods, Gun Sales, Archery, Fishing and Fly Fishing. As our Lead Sales Associate, you will be responsible for leading outstanding customer service, directing your team in generating sales, ensuring proper coverage and assisting with schedule creation, and fostering a fun and engaging work environment for your team. Extensive knowledge of hunting, firearms, and archery, as well as general knowledge in camping, hiking, and farm store merchandise is needed. If you can handle our fast paced, demanding environment and have a desire to make an impact in your workplace, we want to talk to you! The ability to work with and lead others within an extremely fast paced environment is crucial.
We offer a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, and a phenomenal employee discount. Position is full time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Committed to providing top-notch, "WOW" customer service to our North 40 guests
- Retail management or supervisory experience is helpful; should be comfortable coaching and mentoring team, and be motivated by the team's success
- Ability to lead and maintain a fun and friendly work environment
- Extensive knowledge of sporting goods and farm merchandise, especially firearms, archery, and fishing equipment.
- Outgoing and proactive in all aspects of position; Strong visual talents, capable of anticipating, creating and communicating merchandising plans. Good understanding of general inventory processes
- Organized: Capable of keeping tasks, information, processes retain-able and retrievable for self and team.
- Time management skills: Capable of working/planning in the present, but maintaining a weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly system as well
- Proven capacity for high level and fast activity
- Proven ability to change rapidly, multitask, and display flexibility while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Availability to meet shift requirements, including working on evenings, weekends and certain holidays between the hours of 7am to 7pm Mon-Sat and 9am to 5pm Sundays with flexibility in scheduling based on business needs
- Physical ability to stand on your feet the majority of the shift and frequently lift and carry 20-50 pounds, bend, stoop, and climb ladders regularly, with an understanding of correct lifting and loading techniques
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.