Hardlines Sales Associate
- 9646 US-2, Airway Heights, WA 99001, USA
- Location: West Spokane
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it’s a lifestyle, it’s also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don’t – the North 40 Life is what you make it.
Do you have a strong understanding of farm merchandise? Do you enjoy working with and helping others? North 40 Outfitters Airway Heights/West Spokane, has an opening for a knowledgeable and reliable individual who enjoys working in a team environment. As a member of our Hardlines team, you would be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, stocking and merchandising product, and safeguarding company assets. If you are patient and dependable, are a disciplined worker, and have a passion for providing amazing customer service for our guests, we want to talk to you!
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment, excellent benefits, a phenomenal employee discount, and competitive pay. Position is full-time. North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide "WOW" customer service to our North 40 guests, recommending and supplying solutions to their needs
- Understanding of general hardware, plumbing and electrical merchandise
- Proven ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Previous retail environment experience preferred but not absolutely necessary
- Operate forklifts and other machinery as trained and certified
- Physical ability to lift up to 60 lbs. frequently, spend up to 100% of work time, other than breaks, standing and moving, climbing and kneeling on concrete or hard surfaces; use of forklifts, pallet jacks, ladders and rolling staircases. Consistent adherence to safety standards
- Must be able to meet shift requirements, including working on weekends and certain holidays, between the business hours of Mon-Sat 7am to 7pm and 9am to 5pm on Sundays with flexibility in scheduling based on business needs
- Understanding of correct lifting and loading techniques and completion of all required training
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.