Clothing and Footwear Category Assistant Manager
- 1000 3rd Ave NW, Great Falls, MT 59404, USA
- Location: Great Falls - West
Value is hard to find – but not when you look in the right places. The right place is here. Being a part of the North 40 life means being a part of something valuable. The North 40 Life is more than a mantra or a philosophy- it’s a lifestyle, it’s also a community, one that wants to help enrich your life by offering you genuine content and authentic products that add to your story and make your work and play meaningful. All the things you need, with nothing you don’t – the North 40 Life is what you make it.
Do you have a passion for working with the farming & ranching community? Are you a self-starter who thrives on motivating and empowering people? Our newest North 40 Outfitters, a progressive farm and ranch retail store in Great Falls, MT is looking for an outgoing and competitive Category Store Manager who can inspire teams and build customer loyalty. As the Category Store Manager, you will be responsible for the customer experience withing your category and will ensure we exceed expectations at every touch point.
Those who apply will need to have a passion and knowledge for our Clothing and Footwear departments. As our Clothing and Footwear Category Manager, you will be responsible for assisting store managers, providing outstanding customer service, generating sales, merchandizing, safeguarding company assets, maintaing store standards and providing knowledge of products while fostering a fun and engaging work environment for your team.Extensive knowledge of clothing, outerwear, retail, and experience in retail sales is needed. If you can handle our fast paced, demanding environment and have a desire to make an impact in your workplace, we want to talk to you! The ability to work with and lead others within an extremely fast paced environment is crucial.
We offer a stimulating and challenging work environment, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, fabulous employee discount and an opportunity to make an impact. Position is full-time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Retail management experience; Farm, Gun, and Sporting Goods store experience preferred
- Ability to manage and ensure sales goals are met by tracking, evaluating options, and managing resources
- Skilled in leadership, coaching, and training, sales generation, strategic planning, authentic customer service, conflict resolution, business acumen, time management, POS terminals, and general retail software proficiency
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining detailed and focused
- Ability to communicate effectively and thoroughly and dedicated to connecting, building trust with, and teaching others
- Committed to providing feedback, developing others, embracing and leading change, and making decisions under ambiguity
- A willingness to serve your team and your customer with a “lead by example” mindset and a focus on building up and developing others.
- Ability to build and motivate your team through empowerment, recognition, training, ensuring delegation and resolving any team issues in a timely and professional manner
- Creative problem-solving and an enthusiastic approach to learning
- Willingness to relocate to Great Falls, MT
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which includes closing, weekend, and some holiday shifts.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., perform frequent standing, walking, repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, and climbing ladders
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.