Vending Product Manager
- 1125 W Amity Rd, Boise, ID 83705, USA
- Referral Bonus Eligible: Yes
Founded in 1948, Norco is headquartered in Boise, Idaho and has more than 70 branches in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Utah and Wyoming. As a family and employee owned company we operate the nation's largest independent gas manufacturer/distributor of welding, safety, medical equipment and supplies. Norco is proud to be among the thousands of privately-owned businesses nationwide that offer their employees a meaningful stake in the business through employee stock ownership (ESOP).
At Norco we share a common mission: "Serving You Better." Treating customers, suppliers and each other with respect and dignity is our top priority. We work hard every day to serve others and create rich lives for our employees, their families, and the communities where we work and live.
Norco, Inc is looking for a detail oriented individual to fill our Vending Product Manager position. The Vending Product Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining a Norco Vending Program (NVP) and lead the direct sales effort of the NVP. Other responsibilities are include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Regional Vice Presidents, Executive Vice President Industrial Division, product managers and local sales representatives to create winning NVP strategies.
- Review call sheets signed by managers and follow up, where needed.
- Visit and ride with Norco sales representatives to make customer sales calls. During these calls:
- Evaluate market penetration of sales representative’s territory
- Evaluate sales representative’s relationship with customers
- Evaluate market pricing for gross margin improvement
- Evaluate sales representative’s product, application knowledge, and train, where needed
- Evaluate the breadth of product sold at each account
- Evaluate the quantity and quality of cold calls made by each sales representative
- Evaluate the effectiveness of sales representative’s time management
- Regularly evaluate the sales team and share feedback with the Executive Vice President, Industrial Division.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of NVP and present the program at appropriate trade shows, Norco Open Houses, meetings, etc.
- Be the subject matter expert on Norco vending products and software.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create a formal NVP value proposition in written and digital form.
- Develop a quarterly review and scorecard of the NVP.
- Prepare reports on a regular basis and deliver the goals, progress and milestones of the program to the Executive Vice President Industrial Division
- Coordinate with other sales leader(s) on sales meeting for Norco’s Industrial sales representatives.
- Manage national accounts with sales staff, Industrial Division Executive Vice President and Executive Sales Assistant.
- Help train managers and sales representatives on how to effectively utilize designated software for sales and profit analysis.
- Introduce and train branch managers, sales representatives and branch counter sales people on the NVP, including new products, applications and process efficiencies.
- Review contract pricing and special pricing with the Executive Vice President, Industrial Division and Regional Vice Presidents.
- Responsible for completion of formatting, installation and management of each unit installed.
- Follow safe work practices in performance of all duties and follow the company’s safety policies daily.
- Perform other task as assigned or needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
- Previous sales experience required
- Experience in vending industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good mechanical skills required for any repairs
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 lbs and occasionally lift over 100 lbs
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle
- Detail oriented
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to perform tasks requiring manual dexterity (processing paperwork, etc.)
Norco offers a competitive compensation/benefit package, including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance provided at no cost to employee by Norco through United Heritage
- Supplemental Accident, Disease, and Life Insurance through Colonial Life Insurance
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount on products sold by Norco
Norco, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Norco, Inc is a drug-free workplace