SHEQ Business Partner
The organization in The Netherlands is part of an international listed company elsewhere in Europe. With 2 large factories in the Westland, they are the largest producer in their field and they supply their products to various sectors and industries. The organization is currently experiencing fast growth which brings a healthy dynamic atmosphere. At the offices there is an informal, open, respectful culture and above all an entrepreneurial approach. The company is large and powerful but not bureaucratic or cumbersome, there is plenty of room for our own initiative, own ideas and own input from their people.
The SHE-Q department is responsible for formulating and implementing the SHE-Q policy by the organization. This department oversees policy, implementation, and (partially) supervision of: Quality (including product safety, product quality hygiene, continuous improvement), Health and Safety (including machine safety, fire safety, first aid, hazardous substances), and Environment (including waste management, energy management). The SHE-Q department collaborates closely with operational departments to ensure compliance with rules and achievement of SHE-Q performance. The department proactively and preventively identifies opportunities for improvement, assesses their feasibility within the organization, and ensures implementation and integration.
We are searching for an experienced, hands-on Business Partner in SHE-Q (Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality) who stands firm, possesses a human approach, and has a passion for safety enhancement within the production department.
Purpose of the job
The SHE-Q Business Partner is accountable for translating and executing the company’s SHE-Q strategy and objectives in their production division in the Westland. You will be part of the Operations Management Team (OMT) and report directly to the SHE-Q Manager. While being affiliated with the production division, you will hold an independent role within it.
As a SHQ Business Partner your role encompasses a multifaceted range of responsibilities crucial to the success and safety of the organization. You will provide proactive and timely insights into quantitative and qualitative HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) developments. Through scheduled reports and ad hoc analyses, you'll keep the organization informed of progress, helping them stay ahead of challenges and seize opportunities.
Additionally, you'll play a pivotal role in planning and organizing internal audits, ensuring that their operations align with regulatory requirements and safety best practices. Relationship management is another key aspect, where you'll build and nurture a network of internal stakeholders and partners, fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange. Furthermore, your project management skills will shine as you oversee a portfolio of SHE-Q projects, from defining scopes and plans to ensuring successful execution and delivery. This role will drive positive change and ensure ongoing safety and well-being.
In summary, you'll be a driving force in shaping a safety-focused culture, fostering collaboration, and leading impactful projects that contribute to the organization’s overall success.
- Strategy and Policy: Contribute to the development of the SHE-Q strategy by formulating policy and objectives. Participate in organizational development, evaluate (work) processes and systems, initiate and implement changes and improvements with a focus on SHE-Q.
- Improvements typically stem from:
- SHE-Q Masterplan; Risk reduction from various risk assessments such as RI&E (Risk Inventory and Evaluation), hazard analysis (food safety), environmental aspects, sustainability, security;
- Implementation of sustainability improvements;
- Culture and behavior programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Safety Engineering, a Technical discipline, or a related field;
- Min. 5 yrs of relevant experience in a similar role within a production organization. A similar role could also be focused on a single discipline such as safety, quality, or continuous improvement;
- Basic knowledge of current HSE regulations and quality standards such as machinery directives, PPE;
- First aid certificate or willingness to obtain one;
- A natural degree of authority to influence people;
- Driven & effective communicator, both on the shop floor and towards management;
- The ability to be critical when necessary;
- The versatility to quickly grasp new subjects;
- Effective communication skills, both conceptually and practically, direct when possible, diplomatic when needed;
- An initiative-driven approach;
- Strong collaborative skills toward a common goal;
- Excellent command of the Dutch language (native level) and English language on intermediate level.
- CANDIDATES LIVING ABROAD WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
What do they offer?
- Fixed-term contract with the potential for a permanent position;
- Competitive salary with a pension scheme and travel expense reimbursement;
- Laptop & phone;
- Room for further development, both personally and professionally;
- The chance to be part of a close-knit, professional, and highly engaged team.
Please upload your CV via the "apply" button or call for further inquiries to: Noblesse Recruitment; Monique Nobel tel. +31 6 41 576 904.
CANDIDATES LIVING ABROAD WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.