Senior SAP EDI System IT Expert - EMEA (remote)
The company is multinational company and global leader in their market. They manufacture, market and distribute high quality and high-tech products worldwide.
The Senior SAP EDI System IT Expert plays a lead role in designing and mapping IT solutions and ensuring that they are scalable and available.
As many implementations and changes to existing processes are managed as projects, the Senior SAP EDI System IT Expert will be expected to support projects and work with external vendors. The resource is responsible for gathering detailed requirements to implement these solutions, taking into consideration future goals of the Commercial Operations, Finance, Operations functions and the overall IT strategy and IT mission, who would be working closely with key users, process owners and Functional management (Commercial Operations, Finance, Operations) to understand, clarify, and fulfil EDI function requirements and improve business processes.
- Has a clear understanding of the SAP Commercial functionality and remains current on SAP EDI product offerings and capabilities;
- SAP EDI modules: Sales order processes, Delivery processes, Purchase order processes, billing- and invoice receipt processes, Pricing, process related master data;
- Good understanding of the integration with SAP SD, MM and FI and EDIFACT/XML standards:
- Ability to steer the solution design to agreed approved path and meet the delivery timelines;
- Leads efforts to analyse and translate business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications, data flow diagrams and data models;
- Recommend changes needed and communicate to corresponding functional leads;
- Document new and existing processes including the customization(if any) and process changes related to EDI functions;
- Writes requirement and technical specifications as well as test scripts;
- Assists and conducts the EDI mapping changes/enhancements and ensuring the transaction compliance in the communication with the customers and suppliers;
- Test all customizing and program changes;
- Keep systems and applications in a validated state according to legal and corporate requirements with respect to, e.g., FDA, TüV and SOX;
- Train (key-) users on the changes; Provide on-going support to users for the processes and functions within the responsibility of the SAP EDI System IT Expert (issue resolution);
- Manage, update and communicate status of open issue list assigned;
- Be reachable outside normal office hours for emergency support;
- For small to medium size projects assigned: setup project plan with tasks, milestones, timeline, dependencies and budget. Define resource requirements;
- Identify and recommend external (consulting) resource requirements;
- Contact external (consulting) resources or vendors if needed for 3rd level support;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments within the functional area of responsibility as well as the application/module that you are responsible for;
- Time management: balance time between (small) projects and on-going support.
- B.S. degree in business, computer science or information systems and 5+ years equivalent work experience.
- Experience in IBM Sterling B2B Solutions (preferably Cloud), IBM SCBN, ITX and related Cloud solutions;
- Experience in onboarding new partners, transactions and making changes to existing partner setups to meet the internal and external requirements;
- Experience in EDI standards not restricted to IDOCs, EDIFACT and XML;
- Experience in performing Gap Analysis;
- Familiarity with XML, XSLT,Java,JSON and SQL scripting;
- Experience in AS2, VAN, SSH and API(HTTPS) protocols;
- Exposure to other EDI platforms would be advantageous;
- Is aware of the legal requirements and corporate guidelines with respect to system validation for, e.g., FDA. TüV, SOX, etc.;
- Is aware of the legal requirements and corporate guidelines with respect to electronic data records;
- Experience working with any globally used PPM tool and Incident management platforms(ServiceNow/Remedi etc).
- Strong English Skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbal and written.
Personal skills requirements:
- Strict adherence to best practices and department coding standards;
- Taking ownership and close the assigned production issues in a timely manner following the change management processes;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business users on all levels;
- Has strong analytical skills to be able to quickly identify underlying problems and design solutions to these problems;
- Can facilitate change and persuade users and management and closely working with the stakeholders to enhance the EDI user experience;
- Can switch from high-level to hands-on when necessary;
- Is creative and innovative but also realistic and able to work with minimal supervision;
- Can work independently, set the right priorities and is a self-starter;
- Is flexible of mind and willing to continuous learn requirements of other functional areas.
Applicants must already live in EMEA region & time-zone, relocation and/or visa will not be supported.
The company offers you a challenging position with good career prospects in a fast growing international business and a competitive remuneration package, good pension plan & bonus scheme.
How to Apply
If you are interested and you meet all the above requirements sent your full resume with a motivation letter to via the "apply"button or call for further inquiries: Noblesse Recruitment; Monique Nobel +31 (0) 6 41 576 904.
CANDIDATES LIVING OUTSIDE THE EMEA TIMEZONE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.