Customers Service Representative
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Our client is an international organization, a leading global provider of instruments for a variety in industries (a.o. petrochemical-, marine-, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry). For their offices in Rotterdam they are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor, a coordinating role in which you will be managing a small team of Customer Service Representatives.
Purpose of the job
In this position you will be the first point of contact for all customers and deal with order quotation, processing and logistics. You will be part of a small team and work under the guidance of the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Make sure customer needs are met in a timely manner;
- Order quotation & processing;
- Communicate order status, stocking levels, repair status etc.;
- Provide suggestions for alternative products / solutions for out-of-stock items or long lead-time items;
- Manage inquiries from potential customers and move them through the evaluation and approval process;
- Maintain working knowledge of export procedures and compliance;
- Enter customer demand into ERP system and communicate order confirmation back to customer within 24 hours of receipt of purchase order;
- Expedite orders to ensure on-time shipment and proactively communicate order status to customer, Sales department and Service department;
- Coordinate all outbound shipments with freight carriers, customers and internal functional groups;
- Arrange necessary documentation for shipment and custom clearance;
- Collaborate with service to ensure technicians are dispatched to work site as needed;
- Coordinate product returns and customer complaints;
- Participate in- & follow up on quality and accounting audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required;
- Min. ca 2 years in Customer Service, Supply Chain or Export experience in an International environment;
- Knowledge of logistics processes and INCO terms plus related customs procedures and documentation;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluent in English and Dutch is required, both verbal and written (additional languages are a plus);
- Experience with SAP / ERP system is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or ServiceMax a plus.
- Customer service oriented with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Willingness to assist other team members with customer related issues;
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize;
- Ability to multi-task and follow tasks through to completion in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What do they offer? A challenging position in an international and dynamic environment within a growing company with room for further growth and evelopment.