Customer Service Supervisor
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Our client is an international organization, a leading global provider of instruments for a variety in industries (a.o. petrochemical-, marine-, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industry). For their offices in Rotterdam they are looking for a Customer Service Supervisor, a coordinating role in which you will be managing a small team of Customer Service Representatives.
Purpose of the job
This position will work under the guidance of the Director Operations and you will be managing a small team of Customer Service Representatives.
- Ensure customer needs are met in a timely manner;
- Provide feedback to customers & colleagues on stocking levels, order status, order tracking, service contract and repair order status, etc. ;
- Provide alternative products / solutions for out-of-stock items or long lead-time items ;
- Coordinate customer requests for quotations and offers;
- Manage inquiries from potential customers and move them through the evaluation and approval process;
- Maintain working knowledge of export procedures and compliance;
- Enter customer demand into ERP system and communicate order confirmation back to customer within 24 hours of receipt of purchase order;
- Coordinate on-time shipments (with freight carriers, customers and internal functional groups);
- Provide all necessary documentation for shipments and customs clearance;
- Review project-specific shipping and/or carton/crate specifications;
- Comply with and/or negotiate with customer;
- Collaborate with service to ensure technicians are dispatched to work site as needed;
- Assist customers with product returns and generate credit memo requests to finance as needed;
- Initiate, investigate and resolve customer complaints;
- Participate in quality and accounting audits as well as continuous improvement events as necessary;
- Improves quality results by monitoring & analyzing and recommend implementing positive changes;
- Develop team metrics and measure team performance;
- Ensure proper training of all direct reports;
- Provide management with daily/ weekly reports detailing production deliverables vs. planned deliverables.
- Coach and train team members/ direct reports;
- Ensure proper team coverage and support;
- Provide strategic direction, vision and leadership to hiring, coaching, mentoring and developing team members;
- Coordinate yearly performance evaluation and review achievements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required;
- Minimum of 5 years of Customer Service, Supply Chain or Export experience in an International environment;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in leading a team;
- Familiar with logistics processes and/or INCO terms plus related customs procedures and documentation;
- Fluent in English (written &verbal), additional languages are a plus;
- Experience with SAP / ERP system is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or ServiceMax a plus. Knowledge/Skills/Competencies:
- Customer-oriented & helpful;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Accurate, attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize;;
- Ability to multi-task and follow tasks through to completion in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What do they offer? A challenging position in an international and dynamic environment within a growing company with room for further growth and evelopment.