Engineering Manager - Data Products
- Denison Street 1, North Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
When it comes to connecting brands with the passions of Australians, there’s no other media company like Nine. Nine lives at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture. We are a leading multi-platform media network, engaging an audience of 14 million users across news, business & finance, lifestyle, entertainment & sport.
Nine is investing heavily in its Product and Technology data team to continue to make data a competitive advantage. This means there are recruiting for two new Engineering Managers to lead separate Data Engineering teams. In this role you will lead, coach and mentor Data Engineers, help drive data product strategy with your peers in product management and business stakeholders to build great data products and reduce the complexity in our data systems. You will partner with stakeholders to enable the use of data to create innovative solutions for our business.
Day to day you can expect to
- Demonstrate strong hands-on technical skills to lead Data Engineers to build and manage significant data infrastructure in the cloud.
- Focus on continuous coaching and mentoring of the team to support their personal development and career goals.
- Create learning opportunities by providing constructive technical feedback to help them in their technical challenges, whilst still giving them freedom to innovate their own ideas.
- Research and provide insights on emerging technologies, and new toolsets - we aren't afraid to experiment!
- Liaise with technical partners, internal and external stakeholders and third parties.
- Help drive data product strategy with your peers in product management and business stakeholders
- Support production systems - we believe in 'you build it, you support it'.
To secure an interview your application should demonstrate
- Commercial knowledge and application of SQL and Python to build large-scale cloud-based data platforms and pipelines
- Strong experience with a variety of data analytics and reporting tools
- Being involved and helping run Agile development & delivery processes
- Ability to lead and develop teams in complex matrix environments
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories, principles & practices
- A strong commercial and customer focus, with a commitment to delivering outcomes for both
To work with with a passionate team of data professionals that loves actively helping shape business strategy through data driven techniques, apply now!
Within the greater engineering team we have intentionally fostered a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture. We support individual goals and personal growth through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training. As part of our commitment to inclusion we support flexible work schedules and locations. To discuss what this means for you please contact the Tech and Product Talent Acquisition Lead [email protected]
Corporate perks and benefits include:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting engineering challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team.