Senior Engineer - Publishing Technology
- 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
At Nine, we're reinventing how the country consumes news, across our digital web and mobile app properties such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Age & The Australian Financial Review.
Our entirely cloud-first tech stack was built from the ground up around two years ago, with a fully automated, Slack integrated CI/CD DevOps environment and we need more engineers to take it to the next level.
Are you looking for a driven, diverse and collaborative work environment? Would you like to work with amazingly talented colleagues in a business with the scale of a major media company? We'd love to talk with you, so apply today.
This is a permanent full time role based in Sydney
What you’ll be doing
- Creating auto-scaling, microservices & APIs servicing our huge web and app audiences
- Working in small autonomous Agile squads
- Cross skilling and training on DevOps, React and other areas of our stack
- Building the next generation news experience for a huge audience Above all else, we really like working with people who have a strong, positive learning attitude. So if this role sounds good, but you feel you might need to catch up on some skills, we'd still love for you to apply. Skills can be learned, attitude is everything.
Our Tech Stack
- Concourse CI/CD
Who we’re looking for
- Strong, proven engineering skills
- Excellent problem solvers
- Cloud-first thinkers
- Self-starting, keen to learn personalities
- A passion for software and code
- Testing and quality focus
Why we like working here
- Flexible hours and extended parental leave policy.
- Focus on career development through level up sessions, access to workshops, sponsored conference attendance, access to online material.
- Hackathons and themed showcases.
- Social Slack channels like #camping, #tabletop-gaming, #dad-jokes
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia permanently.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.