- 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Fixed Term
Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
The Nine Legal team supports the Nine business, dealing with the wide array of legal issues that come up from editorial to acquisition of content, corporate transactions, managing disputes and engaging with regulators. The team deals with stakeholders from across the business, and with our suppliers, partners and regulators externally.
Maternity Leave Contract Position.
- Provide advice across Nine’s business (primarily television and radio) on content acquisition and exploitation, intellectual property issues, events, technology and some real property
- Draft and review contracts relating to a wide variety of aspects of Nine’s business
- Assist in managing Nine’s trade mark portfolio
- Assist Nine’s regulatory counsel on providing advice on advertising and other issues
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner of an Australian jurisdiction with at least 3 years’ post qualification experience in general commercial legal work or intellectual property/technology.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing a variety of commercial agreements
- Experience in providing advice on regulatory obligations relating to broadcasting and publishing (eg advertising restrictions) would be desirable
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Genuine interest in the media industry in Australia
- Previous in-house experience is desirable but not essential
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.