- 717 Bourke St, Docklands VIC 3008, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Melbourne office for a dynamic, self-motivated, media savvy professional to join the publicity team as a Junior Publicist based in Melbourne. Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will play a key role in assisting with all local publicity activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Generating earned media coverage for Nine’s television programs and on-air talent
- Compiling reports on publicity achieved
- Maintaining media and stakeholder lists
- Preparation and distribution of media releases
- Liaising with talent as required, coordinating appearances
- Liaising with media to coordinate interview and fielding requests
- Coordinating all aspects of media events including guest lists, invitation, catering, entertainment
- Booking travel for talent and staff
- Coordinating programming tools for media
- Managing and maintaining photographic library
- Managing Nine’s media preview website
- General administrative duties
- Assisting the publicity team as required
Ideally with a degree in journalism, communications or public relations, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar PR role. Possessing first class communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with media and talent, you will have a strong understanding of the media landscape. We need a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced and often changing environment. You will require excellent computer skills, high attention to detail, diplomacy and a “can do” attitude. A keen interest in television and all things Melbourne is a must.
This is an exciting position for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and has a genuine interest in the television industry.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter. Application close April 9th 2021.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia permanently.
If you’re looking for your next challenge in a fun, rewarding environment, then this could be the role for you. Our people move fast and act smart: if this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.