Group Management Accountant - Mat Cover
- 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Fixed Term
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
Group Finance will be a true business partner, driving faster and more effective decision making through concise and insightful analysis. Group Finance will support the business with clear and predictable systems and processes together with the management of Head Office related expenditure, processing and reporting.
Act as a finance business analyst & partner with Group Departments (Legal & Property) to provide accounting support and analysis to help them meet the objectives of their department. Provide insight and analysis on their performance & be responsible for accounting relating to these group departments and liaising with them to understand results and forecasts.
- Accounting for the Legal & Property head office departments, including monthly accounting & forecasting
- Provide business unit finance support & partnering to these group departments
- Act as a finance business analyst to the4se departments to provide analysis and support to help them meet their department objectives, including meeting budgets and other financial KPIs
- Drive change & make an impact with group departments through building good relationships and providing advice & insights to support growth
- Prepare the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain and develop accounting records and excel models required for performing role
- Preparation of budgets for these departments
- Help prepare reconciliations, analysis, financial statement notes etc to assist with preparation of consolidated statutory accounts for the Group
- Notify Group Finance Manager of any issues
- At least 2 years’ experience in a large Corporate
- Strong technical knowledge
- Commercial thinking to support stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Business Partnering skills
PLEASE NOTE: This is a maternity cover contract
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes