- 1 Denison St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want. Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 2UE, 3AW, MAGIC, 4BC, 4BH and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain Group and CarAdvice.
The role of the Data Engineer is to contribute to the delivery of solutions that meet the agreed objectives and deliverables while delivering high business value. The role is expected to produce efficient, reliable and maintainable, enterprise grade software solutions.
- Develop functionality using an agile approach as specified in use cases/user stories and requirements specifications.
- Support business function by providing timely fixes to issues in production systems
- Contribute to architectural discussions and the ongoing improvement of technical solutions
- Contribute to improving agile development processes, workflows and support systems
- Help define and assess business needs in the context of the desired operational and strategic business outcomes, and internal/external constraints
- Research, identify and evaluate solutions to meet business needs and constraints
- Assist the QA team to perform system testing if required
- Proactively engage with business functions to understand, qualify, filter and communicate business and IT needs that will lead to improved business outcomes
- Assist functional business representatives to develop project concepts and project proposals
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal customers, peer groups and key internal stakeholders
- Manage external stakeholders relevant to the achievement of business objectives.
- Consult with internal/external information custodians and information sources.
- Cooperate with stakeholders and team members to meet strict delivery deadlines
- Proactively take ownership of issues and participate in problem solving activities
- Report on activities, communications, performance monitoring and overall business satisfaction status
- Business Intelligence Development Studio
- SSMS / SSAS / SSIS / SSRS / VBA / XML / XLMA / TSQL / MDX
- Strong knowledge of data modelling, data warehousing and BI concepts, Kimball methodologies, Master Data Management and developing highly complex data flows
- Experience with Cognos TM1
- Experience with data related performance tuning / profiling
- Good understanding of Agile development processes
- The ability and desire to build clean, maintainable solutions
- Experience with big data tools and solutions such as Google Big Query, Hadoop, HAWQ, MapR, SAS (Enterprise Guide, Management Studio, Visual Analytics, Visual Statistics) or equivalent
- Experience managing big data platforms running on AWS
- Experience running data processing pipelines on Windows or Linux (Cent OS) including tools such as Ambari, Spring XD, shell scripting
- Experience with Sharepoint development
- Tertiary qualification in Information Technology / Computer Science or related
- Certification in Agile and/or Scrum processes / experience with Atlassian suite of tools / exposure to Agile software development projects
- Experience with Git workflows and branching models
- 5+ years data engineering experience
- Exposure to the Broadcasting industry and media management
We embrace all aspects of diversity & inclusion and are committed to creating a workplace which reflects the incredibly diverse customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes