- 24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby NSW 2068, Australia
- Work Arrangement: Permanent
Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers. As the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment, we pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want, while celebrating our ability to give the shared experiences to audiences, the ones which connect us together. Living at the intersection of Australia’s best content, conversation and culture, Nine is where Australia connects.
Our business operates in the following four divisions: Australian Community Media, Printing and Stuff; Publishing (including, Metro Mastheads, Nine Digital and Events), Stan, and Television. Nine’s assets include the Nine Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan and majority investments in Domain and Macquarie Media.
The News Archive team are responsible for working with the IMAGINE INVENIO and ENPS ARCHIVE applications to ensure that broadcast material and associated metadata transfers offline
The News Archivist is responsible for managing the archive and restore workflows in and out of the news server environment to and from the NNA Digital News Archive at TCN. He/She is responsible for ensuring archived items are shot listed, so that they may be utilised in the future.
- Archiving - Accurate archiving of news items along with all relevant metadata to the Imagine Invenio Media Asset Management system.
- Shot listing of News bulletins and compiles – Thorough and comprehensive.
- Research and restoration of archive material – Material available as required on TCN Server
- ENPS and INVENIO metadata matching – Same data appears in both systems.
- Generic compile archiving – Liaising with editors to build HD library compiled vision.
- High level of service to Newsroom – Producer and Journalist co-operation and confidence.
- Escalate issues/errors to management – Potential problems are rectified in a timely manner
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional communication style
- Participates in and supports a team environment
- Communicates in a clear, timely and consistent manner
- Shares information in a positive way
- Where required follows NEC company policies and procedures
- Supports and participates in a safe workplace culture
Essential experience & skills
- Experience in a server-based archive environment
- A strong technical knowledge of computers
- Good interpersonal skills
Desirable experience & skills
- Experience using the IMAGINE NEXIO server system
- A passion for news and current affairs
- Media Co-ordinators
- News and Current Affairs Producers and Journalists
- Media Exchange Operators
- News Editors
- NNA Programme Archivists
- 9Technology Engineers.
- News Archivists – STW, GTV, QTQ, NWS.
- Non- Linear Editors – STW, GTV, QTQ, NWS.
- Media Co-ordinators – STW, GTV, QTQ, NWS.
The role is a rotating three-week shift pattern with 4 x 9.5-hour shifts per week.
If you’re looking for your next challenge in a fun, rewarding environment, then this could be the role for you. Our people move fast and act smart: if this sounds like you, then let’s talk!
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.