- 2400 Wyandotte St, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced pipeline engineer or technical director with a focus on cloud-based animation pipelines, to work with a small team of engineers in designing, creating, and maintaining Nimble Collectives studio level cloud pipeline. This position currently reports directly to Nimble Collective’s Chief Technology Officer.
Position Requirement Overview:
The Pipeline Engineer must have the background and experience necessary to work with management in determining the best technology to use for building a new cloud based pipeline to support the company’s mission. The candidate also works closely with the CTO and product manager on a daily basis to explore the technical feasibility of new project ideas, specifically with regard to upholding the company’s high standards of product performance and scalability, intuitive and consistent user interface interaction usability, and efficient reuse of existing technology infrastructures whenever possible. By identifying potential issues and coming up with solutions to resolve them, the candidate ensures all engineering projects are completed efficiently and with high quality, keeping up to date with current best practices of application development and assisting the engineering team with understanding and implementing them correctly.
***Candidate can be in Mountain View, SF, or Oakland, CA***
● Emphasis on translation of user feature requests and workflow discussions into practical designs and tool implementation that integrates the Nimble Collective pipeline
● Continually looking for ways to optimize the efficiency/workflow for the Nimble pipeline
● Interface with both up and downstream tools to facilitate the smooth flow of assets through the pipeline
● Work to help move typical on-premises production pipelines into a more cloud native services based pipeline.
● Maintaining of tools including troubleshooting and optimization
● Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary for tools, techniques and work flows generated by Nimble Collective’s pipeline
● Ongoing research to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication
● Creating User Interfaces, reusable libraries and tools to assist TDs and creators on the Nimble Platform
● Developing long-term strategies to automate and enhance the pipeline workflow
● Create and support the core pipeline and associated toolsets
● Writing pipeline tools and further developing the pipeline for use across Nimble Collective’s customers
● Minimum 3 - 5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
● Comprehensive knowledge of Maya and other content creation applications.
● Understanding of micro service based development
● Strong programming skills. Must proficient with Python. Experience with MEL is helpful.
● Maya API C++ programming a plus
● Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
● Strong Math skills, ie: Linear Algebra, thorough understanding of matrices, vectors and transformations in 3D is a big plus
● Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
● Must be willing to take direction well, a good team player, and have good work ethics.
● Willingness to learn and grow further
● Must be a self starter. Solid time and project management skills
● 2+ years experience working with python web frameworks; preferably python 3
● Solid understanding of interactive and video media, and interfacing with related partner APIs
● Knowledge of software engineering industry standards, best practices, automation frameworks, productivity measurements and development tools
● Experience improving software quality, engineering efficiency, program management delivery and architecture
● Knowledge of best practices in software automation, risk-based development, and performance engineering
● Passion for technology, digital media and gadgets
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.