- Howard St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced release and performance engineer to work in our DevOps and Engineering teams. This position will be responsible for principal contributions to stabilize, maintain and create process for a release engineering and performance methodologies and systems. Candidate will conduct all principal level tasks by coordinating and supporting the release and build efforts of engineering, QA and operations. Candidate will also perform similar tasks in creating performance and evaluation level changes to code and configuration.
We expect this person to be able to take a high level objective and deliver results with minimal supervision. We expect this person to work around the challenges and setbacks that come with every project, and deliver the results on time. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate who has a high level of confidence, maturity, commitment, and who has demonstrated the drive to achieve and succeed. We are looking for a candidate who has a high level of intelligence, creativity, and adaptability with good communication and teamwork skills.
While this position reports directly into the director of DevOps, the proper candidate must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. The candidate will work with the CTO, product manager and engineering to define product release requirements.
**** Accepting Applicants in Mountain View, SF, and Oakland***
● Provide software configuration management for our development and production software releases
● Rework/maintain/optimize existing configuration management processes
● Design and develop Build and Release tools to increase development productivity
● Handle the deployment and schema build cycles for Postgres databases.
● Troubleshoot and fix compilation or build script issues
● Provide systems administration to github cloud server
● Develop processes for release engineering and build management across our offices in Mountain View and San Francisco
● Prioritize multiple tasks based on project urgency
● Architect and design a proper build, release and revision environment for Nimble Collective’s environment
● Design and test performance tools for stress testing and analyzing Nimble Collective systems.
● Perform engineering level configuration changes to enhance Nimble Collective system performance in our current operations environment.
● Understand engineering principles to the point of making architectural change suggestions to the engineering architecture staff.
● Prioritize documentation goals and meet aggressive release schedules
● Act as a liaison between QA, engineering, operations and other departments
● Evaluate, customize, deploy, and troubleshoot software for the release and deployment team
● Coordinate production and delivery of our development code and client code
● Learn fast, work independently, and handle multiple simultaneous projects
● 4+ years of software configuration management, build management and performance in challenging environments
● Excellent writing and editing skills
● Excellent coding and scripting skills
● Mastery of industry-standard release and build management
● Extensive experience building release infrastructure
● Expertise with Amazon Web Services
● Expertise with github
● Previous experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
● Passion for media, technology and gadgets
● 4+ years experience implementing web technologies, and in scalable network protocols/systems.
● Animation or other rich media delivery technologies a plus
● BS in computer science preferred or equivalent experience
● Participated in at least 2+ full life cycle development projects using rapid development techniques.
● Strong Plus, but not required: Frame Cloud Platform
● Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
● Technical language proficiency must be demonstrated
● English language proficiency must be demonstrated
● Ability to clearly communicate and articulate ideas essential
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.