- Howard St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced platform or server-side engineer with heavy focus on the design, creation and authoring of a public facing API, API Framework, and API data layers. Nimble Collective employs engineers that have significant domain expertise in cloud-based and/or video based and/or animation systems – our hires work with a small team in designing, creating, and maintaining a range of interconnected animation asset management, rules engines, and internal/external APIs. This also includes oversight of all internal and public web application platforms operating for Nimble Collective and their continued maintenance and improvement. This position currently reports directly to Nimble Collective’s Chief Technology Officer.
The API Engineer must have the background and experience necessary to work with management in determining the best technology to use for building new applications and backend server processes to support the company’s mission. The API engineer will be taking our existing internal product API, along with needs and inputs from other engineers and business partners, and architect and construct an API layer for secure, external API connections as well as an API framework and client libraries to allow for plugins to the Nimble Platform.
The candidate also works closely with the CTO and product manager on a daily basis to explore the technical feasibility of new project ideas, specifically with regard to upholding the company’s high standards of product performance and scalability, intuitive and consistent user interface interaction usability, and efficient reuse of existing technology infrastructures whenever possible. By identifying potential issues and coming up with solutions to resolve them, the candidate ensures all engineering projects are completed efficiently and with high quality, keeping up to date with current best practices of application development and assisting the engineering team with understanding and implementing them correctly.
- Design new API architectures and subsystems, specifically related to external communication via a public API layer with an eye toward partner integrations, working with the CTO, Lead Engineers and product managers
- Author detailed technical feature specifications
- Work individually or in small teams as the projects dictate
- Coordinate with other departments on the execution of product development efforts
- Maintain technology and distribution leadership to ensure that we are building the right products for the right services
- Develop and expand API and developer guidelines to ensure rapid deployment to new devices, partners and services
- Implement automated engineering QA functions and procedures, such as individual smoketests
- Work with team to implement customer business requirements for the next generation of the Nimble Collective platform.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex application problems independently.
- Understanding and knowledge on API engineering and framework engineering is a must.
- Understanding of API security is a plus.
- Proven technical skills in analysis and design for complex systems.
- Ability to work with both internal and external engineering teams and meet project deadlines.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing server-side APIs and systems
- 2+ years experience working with multiple UNIX-based web and application servers or cloud hosted environments
- 2+ years experience working with python web frameworks; preferably python 3
- Solid understanding of interactive and video media, and interfacing with related partner APIs
- Knowledge of software engineering industry standards, best practices, automation frameworks, productivity measurements and development tools
- Experience improving software quality, engineering efficiency, program management delivery and architecture
- Knowledge of best practices in software automation, risk-based development, and performance engineering
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization
- In-depth knowledge of several current-generation internet application software packages and technologies (AJAX, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively split focus between daily management of ongoing engineering projects, and design/planning of future projects
- Passion for technology and digital media.
***This position can be in Mountain View, San Francisco, or Oakland, CA***
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.