Senior Development Operations Engineer
- Howard St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced development operations or systems engineer with a focus on cloud-based systems, to work with a small team of engineers in designing, creating, and maintaining a cloud environment for a virtualized animation pipeline. This position currently reports directly to Nimble Collective’s Director of Development Operations. Candidate must be able to perform “hands on” operations and infrastructure work.
The candidate will be responsible for keeping our current hosted infrastructure operational on a 24x7x365 basis, while examining new environments and infrastructures. As the operations staff grows, this position will expand to manage those new individuals. The candidate must be committed, well organized, attentive to detail and capable of maintaining vendor relationships for software and hardware components.
In addition, the candidate, must provide corporate employees with technical support, incident management and knowledge base documentation. The candidate should be committed, well organized, attentive to detail and capable of maintaining exceptional employee relationships as well building strong vendor relationships for hardware, software and services.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs and security.
- Ensure support structure for 24x7x365 (99%) uptime of all backend systems, servers, and network.
- Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure infrastructure-specific products and services.
- Create, maintain and manage operating policies, processes and procedures consistent with best practices and end-user SLAs.
- Manage incidents until issues are resolved.
- Organized, disciplined individual with excellent communication skills.
- Manage and practice asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Project management experience and good communication skills.
- B.S. degree and/or 10 years equivalent work experience.
- Must demonstrate Presentation and Customer Management Skills.
- Sound knowledge and operational experience with hosted solutions in the following areas – UNIX, SAN, Networking, Backup/Restore, Firewall, Load balancer and databases.
- Knowledge and operational experience with a high availability cloud infrastructure including the following general technologies.
- Knowledge of virtual machine infrastructures.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development and evaluation of all infrastructure systems.
- Manage and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure and maintain infrastructure-specific products and services.
*** This position can be located in Mountain View, San Francisco, or Oakland, CA ***
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.