- Howard St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced platform or server-side engineer with a focus on cloud-based and/or video based and/or animation systems, to work with a small team of engineers in designing, creating, and maintaining a range of interconnected animation asset management, rules engines, and internal/external APIs. This also includes oversight of all internal and public web application platforms operating for Nimble Collective and their continued maintenance and improvement. This position currently reports directly to Nimble Collective’s Chief Technology Officer.
The Platform Engineer must have the background and experience necessary to work with management in determining the best technology to use for building new applications and backend server processes to support the company’s mission. The candidate also works closely with the CTO and product manager on a daily basis to explore the technical feasibility of new project ideas, specifically with regard to upholding the company’s high standards of product performance and scalability, intuitive and consistent user interface interaction usability, and efficient reuse of existing technology infrastructures whenever possible. By identifying potential issues and coming up with solutions to resolve them, the candidate ensures all engineering projects are completed efficiently and with high quality, keeping up to date with current best practices of application development and assisting the engineering team with understanding and implementing them correctly.
• Design new architectures and subsystems, specifically related to content management systems with an eye toward asset
marketplaces, working with the CTO, Lead Engineer and product manager
• Author detailed technical feature specifications
• Work individually or in small teams as the projects dictate
• Coordinate with other departments on the execution of product development efforts
• Maintain technology and distribution leadership to ensure that we are building the right products for the right services
• Develop and expand API and developer guidelines to ensure rapid deployment to new devices, partners and services
• Implement automated engineering QA functions and procedures, such as individual smoketests
****Candidate can be either in SF, Oakland, or Mountain View****
Design new architectures and subsystems, specifically related to content management systems with an eye toward asset marketplaces, working with the CTO, Lead Engineer and product manager
Author detailed technical feature specifications
Work individually or in small teams as the projects dictate
Coordinate with other departments on the execution of product development efforts
Maintain technology and distribution leadership to ensure that we are building the right products for the right services
Develop and expand API and developer guidelines to ensure rapid deployment to new devices, partners and services
Implement automated engineering QA functions and procedures, such as individual smoketests
Demonstrated ability to solve complex application problems independently.
Understanding and knowledge on asset data management engineering is a must.
Understanding of media management methodologies is a plus.
Work with team to implement customer business requirements for the next generation of the Nimble Collective platform.
Proven technical skills in analysis and design for complex systems.
Ability to work with both internal and external engineering teams and meet project deadlines.
Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
• 3+ years experience designing and implementing server-side platforms and systems
• 2+ years experience working with multiple UNIX-based web and application servers or cloud hosted environments
• 2+ years experience working with python web frameworks; preferably python 3
• Solid understanding of interactive and video media, and interfacing with related partner APIs
• Knowledge of software engineering industry standards, best practices, automation frameworks, productivity
measurements and development tools
• Experience improving software quality, engineering efficiency, program management delivery and architecture
• Knowledge of best practices in software automation, risk-based development, and performance engineering
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills - ability to successfully manage up, down, and across the organization
• In-depth knowledge of several current-generation internet application software packages and technologies (AJAX, etc)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively split focus between daily management of ongoing engineering projects, and
design/planning of future projects
• Passion for technology, digital media and gadgets
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.