- Howard St, San Francisco, CA, USA
Nimble Collective provides a virtual streaming collaboration animation platform empowering a community of artists to create, collaborate and prosper. Nimble Collective removes many of the restrictions that hinder the ability to create and distribute animated content. Nimble’s platform is 100% cloud-native leveraging high performance graphics infrastructure. No more needing to download software or install clients, creating is just one url click away.
Creators have the freedom to ‘Be Your Own Studio’ and control creative accomplishments without the barriers and expense that are associated with producing great content. Nimble Collective allows filmmakers to tell their story, connect with other creators and distribute their work to the world.
Based in Mountain View, CA, Nimble Collective is focused on revolutionizing the animation content market with the industry’s largest cloud-based, end-to-end platform and community where users develop and distribute their own content. Founded in November 2014, the company is led by a stellar team comprising acclaimed animators, technologists and entrepreneurs.
Nimble Collective is looking for an experienced engineer to work as part of our Client Engineering team that will perform all tasks associated with the full software development life cycle for all of Nimble Collective’s next generation cloud animation system web development efforts. The candidate will be responsible for developing scalable solutions for delivering web interaction technology and content, leveraging Nimble Collective’s significant expertise in the video production market.
We expect this person to be able to take a high level objective and deliver results with minimal supervision. We expect this person to work around the challenges and setbacks that come with every project, and deliver the results on time. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate who has a high level of confidence, maturity, commitment, and who has demonstrated the drive to achieve and succeed. We are looking for a candidate who has a high level of intelligence, creativity, and adaptability. We are looking for a candidate who has good communication and teamwork skills.
While this position reports directly into the CTO, the proper candidate must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. The candidate will work with the CTO, product manager and engineering to define product release requirements, as well as work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The candidate will also serve as one of the internal and external evangelists for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key clients and members of our production network.
This position reports into the CTO.
• Design / refine client architectures, working with the rest of the technology team.
• Author technical feature specifications
• Work individually or in small teams as the projects dictate
• Coordinate with other departments on the execution of product development efforts
• Maintain technology and distribution leadership to ensure that we are building the right products for the right services
• Help contribute to the web API and developer guidelines to ensure rapid deployment to new devices, partners and services
****This job is open to anyone in Mountain View, SF, or Oakland****
• Demonstrated ability to solve large and complex application problems independently.
• Work with Nimble Collective team and its partners to implement customer business requirements for the Nimble
Collective web platform.
• Write code to develop assigned features; deliver quality product in a timely manner.
• Proven technical skills in analysis and design for complex systems.
• Ability to work with both internal and external customers and meet project deadlines.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
• Passion for media, technology and gadgets
• 6+ years experience implementing web technologies, and in scalable network protocols/systems. Mobile data Middleware experience is a definite plus.
• Video or other rich media delivery technologies a plus
• BS in computer science preferred or equivalent experience.
• Participated in at least 2+ full life cycle development projects using rapid development techniques.
• Strong Plus: Frame
• Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience is a strong plus
• Technical language proficiency must be demonstrated.
• English language proficiency must be demonstrated.
• Ability to clearly communicate and articulate ideas essential
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.