Assistant Professor, RN
- UT-132, Nephi, UT, USA
Nightingale College is an accredited, blended-distance nursing school, dedicated to reducing the nursing shortage and elevating rural health. We are proud to have graduated over 600 nurses serving communities in need.
Our mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
Nightingale College’s mission is to facilitate educational achievement, personal growth, and professional development of its learners, alumni, and collaborators; to serve diverse communities; and to elevate health.
We’re committed to giving back. At Nightingale College, our innovative education model helps transform rural health landscapes, and each collaborator helps change lives. As a collaborator, YOU must be willing to work for something beyond yourself. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education.
Our culture is Evolvitude (yeah, we have our own language too!).
Those who work for Nightingale live these “I” statements:
· “I embody deliberate evolvement, grounded in kindness and humility, and contribute to an environment of love, trust, and gratitude.
· I aspire to wholeness; to contributing meaningfully to our collective vision and mission; and ultimately, to self-leading, self-actualizing, and self-transcending.
· I act with integrity, accountability, inclusivity, good intent, mindfulness, transparency, and playfulness.”
Investing in our people is our core business strategy. The professional and personal development of our collaborators is our company’s foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. We’re so happy that you’ve found us! Apply today.
An Assistant Professor is responsible for clinical supervision, teaching, and evaluation of students in a non-traditional BSN Program. The non-traditional clinical faculty functions as a team member within nursing education services. Nightingale College uses a concept-based curriculum. Work may include some travel and evening and weekend schedules.
Faculty is responsible for the following:
- Attends a faculty orientation session.
- Conducts assigned labs or clinicals as designed.
- Monitors student performance in accordance with course objectives and published schedules.
- Helps develop critical thinking in nursing students.
- Acts as a positive role model for future nurses.
- Mentors and models professional comportment.
- Has an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our nursing students.
- Maintains accurate attendance and performance records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
- Maintains expertise in online delivery systems to increase communication between faculty and students.
- Attends nursing faculty meetings and other faculty activities as required by the Program Manager.
- Is a valued faculty member of a group of innovative, non-traditional nurse educators: we think “outside the box.”
- MSN Required
- Current, active, unencumbered or multi-state privilege to practice nursing in Utah if teaching clinicals in the state
- Experience in teaching in a non-traditional nursing program
- Preferred educators with Simulation experience
- Nurses with Med-Surg, acute care, ICU or Cardiac background preferred
- Please attach verification of your licensure through www.nursys.com or your State Board of Nursing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.