Coordinator, Admissions Testing
- 175 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA
We are looking for a dynamic Testing Coordinator to join our Nightingale Team. The start date would be June 10th 2019.
Nightingale College is an accredited, blended-distance nursing school, dedicated to reducing the nursing shortage and elevating rural health. We are proud to have graduated over 600 nurses serving communities in need.
Our mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
Nightingale College’s mission is to facilitate educational achievement, personal growth, and professional development of its learners, alumni, and collaborators; to serve diverse communities; and to elevate health.
We’re committed to giving back. At Nightingale College, our innovative education model helps transform rural health landscapes, and each collaborator helps change lives. As a collaborator, YOU must be willing to work for something beyond yourself. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education.
Our culture is Evolvitude (yeah, we have our own language too!).
Those who work for Nightingale live these “I” statements:
· “I embody deliberate evolvement, grounded in kindness and humility, and contribute to an environment of love, trust, and gratitude.
· I aspire to wholeness; to contributing meaningfully to our collective vision and mission; and ultimately, to self-leading, self-actualizing, and self-transcending.
· I act with integrity, accountability, inclusivity, good intent, mindfulness, transparency, and playfulness.”
Investing in our people is our core business strategy. The professional and personal development of our collaborators is our company’s foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. We’re so happy that you’ve found us! Apply today.
· Create and send all vouchers to applicants wanting to complete their entrance exam.
· Create Canvas accounts for all applicants needing to take a challenge exam.
· Send all challenge exams through canvas to the applicable learners needing to take a challenge exam.
· Create instructions for all exams needed to be taken.
· Schedule all applicants to take entrance exam, challenge exams and placement exams.
· Work with Remote Proctor, Proctor U, Examity and BVirtual to provide technical support to all applicants.
· Provide technical support to all applicants testing
· Schedule Follow-up correspondence with the prospective learners.
· Assist learners in getting in to all exams.
· Reschedule any applicant that does not take their exam at scheduled time.
· Ensure proper tracking of all applicants with regard to the exams they are taking.
· Track and document daily phone calls and all correspondence with prospective learners in the database management system.
· Provide a daily report to Director, Admissions.
· Conduct weekly 1:1 meeting with each Admissions Advisor to keep the advisor informed of what exams have been completed by the applicants.
· Track all progress of each applicants testing.
· Ensure that all payments have been made for testing.
· Establish, with the Admissions Director, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals.
· Maintain the standards in the Admissions Department consistent with the College’s Values and Mission.
· Collaborative with the financial aid department, Learner services department, and nursing department to provide the highest level of service for enrolling learners.
· Other duties as assigned.
Typical hours are 10:30am - 7:00pm with a few saturdays.
Salary is $15.00hr
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and as a committed team player.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability work with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
· Ability to use technology, including student and data management systems, word processing, and Excel, efficiently and appropriately.
· Ability to manage time effectively.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
The typical work environment is located at the College’s Operations Support Center (OSC) and working remotely from home. The work is performed in two primary modes – at the OSC at a desk, using a computer, a telephone.
The preceding role description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by collaborators within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of collaborators assigned to this position.