Assistant Professor, RN
- 2325 E Harmon Ave., Las Vegas, NV, United States
Our mission (not just words on the wall, we live it, love it, and daily contribute to it).
Nightingale College’s mission is to facilitate educational achievement, personal growth, and professional development of its learners, alumni, and collaborators; to serve diverse communities; and to elevate health.
At Nightingale College, our Innovative Education model helps transform rural health landscapes through our blended-distance learning platform. Every person involved with Nightingale College helps to change lives of our learners, our communities and ultimately the world by adding to the quality of healthcare. We are proud to have graduated over 600 nurses serving communities in need.
Do you want to be a part of an organization with Innovative Values?
· I embody deliberate evolvement, grounded in kindness and humility, and contribute to an environment of love, trust, and gratitude.
· I aspire to wholeness; to contributing meaningfully to our collective vision and mission; and ultimately, to self-leading, self-actualizing, and self-transcending.
· I act with integrity, accountability, inclusivity, good intent, mindfulness, transparency, and playfulness.
We are serious about our outcomes and have a little bit of fun getting there. If this sounds good so far, wait until you experience our onboarding week at our Operations Support Center in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, surrounded by the majestic Rocky Mountains. Every newly hired collaborator begins their journey with Nightingale College by being introduced to the inner workings of the college. Some may wonder why we would pay people to spend a week not doing their “job.” It’s because we believe in connecting our collaborators and investing into their successes. Their success is our success. Being a part of Nightingale College is more than a “job,” and we want people who will look at the work they do as gratifying and rewarding.
If you find yourself thinking this is too good to be true, then take another moment to see what the position entails.
· Helps develop future nurses by facilitating labs and/or clinicals, nurture critical thinking, and acting as a positive role model.
· Monitors and maintains attendance and performance records and offers mentorship, guidance, and solutions when needed.
· Collaborates with a group of innovative, non-traditional nurse educators: we think “outside the box.”
· Has achieved or currently pursuing MSN with an active, unencumbered or multi-state privilege to practice nursing in Nevada. Please attach verification of your licensure through www.nursys.com or your State Board of Nursing.
If you’ve made it through the basic requirements, then take a look at some of the items that give you an extra edge in the application process:
- Experience in teaching non-traditional learners.
- Simulation experience – teaching or learning.
- Nursing background including Med-Surg, Acute Care, ICU or Cardiac.
Some things that set us apart from other educational institutions:
· Our educators are not required to participate in grant writing or publishing. We encourage all our collaborators to pursue professional and personal development but do not create stringent stipulations about the platforms in which they must do so.
· You know what your learners need and how much time they need from you. Instead of creating rigid hours requirements we trust that you will be the best educator and know how much of your time is needed to achieve this.
· We offer all our collaborators the opportunity to work with a corporate coach. This is something most organizations only reserve for their executive team, but we recognize the value of everyone being able to receive this type of development.
The professional and personal development of our learners and our collaborators is our company’s foundation. Not only do we develop strategies that promote a positive work-life integration, but we also create an environment that invites you to become an expert in your field, be it through higher education or professional development. Put simply, we elevate employment, elevate health, and elevate education. We’re so happy that you’ve found us! Apply today.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.