Coordinator, Admissions Testing
- 175 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, USA
Our company is growing and we need a dynamic Coordinator to conduct our Admissions testing and help us achieve our goals. We have a anticipated start date of January 14th 2018. Nightingale College is contributing to the future of health care by preparing students for practice by combining current technology and core educational principles. The institution is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and the Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
Nightingale College specializes only in nursing education. Its current CEO, Mikhail Shneyder, is also a registered nurse and is dedicated to making a positive impact on healthcare in Utah and its communities.
Nightingale College’s staff and faculty are dedicated to preparing future nurses who will elevate the quality of health care in the communities they serve. Staff and faculty are committed to connecting with each student on a personal level to facilitate learning.
· Create and send all vouchers to applicants wanting to complete their entrance exam.
· Create Canvas accounts for all applicants needing to take a challenge exam.
· Send all challenge exams through canvas to the applicable learners needing to take a challenge exam.
· Create instructions for all exams needed to be taken.
· Schedule all applicants to take entrance exam, challenge exams and placement exams.
· Work with Remote Proctor, Proctor U, Examity and BVirtual to provide technical support to all applicants.
· Provide technical support to all applicants testing
· Schedule Follow-up correspondence with the prospective learners.
· Assist learners in getting in to all exams.
· Reschedule any applicant that does not take their exam at scheduled time.
· Ensure proper tracking of all applicants with regard to the exams they are taking.
· Track and document daily phone calls and all correspondence with prospective learners in the database management system.
· Provide a daily report to Director, Admissions.
· Conduct weekly 1:1 meeting with each Admissions Advisor to keep the advisor informed of what exams have been completed by the applicants.
· Track all progress of each applicants testing.
· Ensure that all payments have been made for testing.
· Establish, with the Admissions Director, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals.
· Maintain the standards in the Admissions Department consistent with the College’s Values and Mission.
· Collaborative with the financial aid department, Learner services department, and nursing department to provide the highest level of service for enrolling learners.
· Other duties as assigned
The salary for this position is $15.00hr or $31,200 annually.
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work independently and as a committed team player.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability work with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
· Ability to use technology, including student and data management systems, word processing, and Excel, efficiently and appropriately.
· Ability to manage time effectively.
· Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
The typical work environment is located at the College’s Operations Support Center (OSC) and working remotely from home. The work is performed in two primary modes – at the OSC at a desk, using a computer, a telephone.
The preceding role description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by collaborators within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of collaborators assigned to this position.