- Ogden, UT
Nightingale College is contributing to the future of health care by preparing students for practice by combining current technology and core educational principles. The institution is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Nightingale College specializes only in nursing education. Its current CEO, Mikhail Shneyder, is also a registered nurse and is dedicated to making a positive impact on healthcare in Utah and its communities.
Nightingale College’s staff and faculty are dedicated to preparing future nurses who will elevate the quality of health care in the communities they serve. Staff and faculty are committed to connecting with each student on a personal level to facilitate learning.
The Advisor is responsible for connecting learners with the appropriate community resources such as transportation, child care, and emergency services. In addition to, Advisor leads orientations, learner engagement activities, early intervention processes, re-entry programs, assessment of learner needs, and delivery of resources tailored to meet such needs at each campus. An Advisor assists the Manager, Learner Advising and Life Resources and other department supervisors and staff with activities relating to programs, services, and events aimed at enhancing learner satisfaction, success, retention, and program completion for the campus.
The Advisor, is responsible for the following:
- Assists the Manager, Learner Advising and life resources and other departments staff in increasing levels of learner attendance and learner satisfaction and improving overall learner graduation rates.
- Help drive College improvements in learner retention and learners satisfaction outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a pool of learners services assistance options geared to learners needs (e.g. referrals to child care, counseling, etc.), promote and utilize College sponsored retention programs.
- Help coordinate College efforts to assist learners who have dropped, are re-entering, and continuing school, using documented processes.
- Help ensure learners services are matched to specific learner needs.
- Help ensure follow up actions based on learner survey results, withdrawal data, and other sources of information to get at root causes for learner withdrawals prior to completion and drive improvements in learner satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinate learner activities (Orientation, Learner Appreciation days, etc.).
- Assist with daily follow-up on absent learners, in addition to managing daily activity levels necessary to reach learners.
- Help drive College learner activities and special events.
- Master’s degree required in psychology, social work, or other human services related field of specialty preferred.
- Military experience preferred.
- Military career counseling preferred. (USA - MOS 79S, USN - rating NC, USMC – MOS 4821, USAF – MLS 8A100).
- Strong learner-centric focus; commitment to learner satisfaction and success.
- Effectiveness in working in teams, focusing on learner success, customer service, and service excellence required.
- Proven, excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a diverse learner population.
- Mastery of MS Office suite, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The typical work environment is blended between the Operational Support Center (OSC) and remotely. The work is performed in two primary modes – at the OSC at a desk, using a computer, a telephone, and other means for work productivity and communication and via remote setting with similar conditions as the OSC.