General Education Faculty, Sociology, Cultural Anthropology and or Philosophy
- Ogden, UT
Nightingale College is contributing to the future of health care by preparing students for practice by combining current technology and core educational principles. The institution is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Nightingale College specializes only in nursing education. Its current CEO, Mikhail Shneyder, is also a registered nurse and is dedicated to making a positive impact on healthcare in Utah and its communities.
Nightingale College’s staff and faculty are dedicated to preparing future nurses who will elevate the quality of health care in the communities they serve. Staff and faculty are committed to connecting with each student on a personal level to facilitate learning.
The Sociology, Cultural Anthropology and/or Philosophy Adjunct Instructor is responsible for the administration, teaching, and evaluation of students in one (or more) of the College’s general education courses. General education faculty are expected to teach primarily online didactic courses.
General Education Faculty are responsible for the following:
- Attending a faculty orientation session.
- Teaching and evaluating assigned online courses.
- Monitoring student performance in accordance with course objectives and published schedules under the direction of Faculty Coordinator, General Education.
- Assisting students with study problems and with evaluating their potential for successful achievement in course or discipline.
- Maintaining accurate performance records of students, and submitting required reports according to published deadlines.
- Maintaining expertise in online delivery systems to increase communication between faculty and students.
- Attending faculty meetings and other faculty activities as required.
- Earned graduate degree with a major in the area of content being taught in the general education course(s); with minimum 15 semester credits (proven in transcripts) in discipline being taught.
- Experience teaching in online delivery systems;
- At least two (2) years of experience in teaching is preferred;
- Experience in curriculum development is preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.